The title says it all really. This is a list of my top 5 lipsticks at the moment, however most of them have been on the list for a long time now! It’s a good sign if something makes a favourites list but it’s even better if it stays there! I have included some swatches as I am aware my photography doesn’t really do the colours justice! So here goes, from left to right in the below picture:
- No Competition – Benefit. This is a gorgeous deep plummy shade that looks stunning on the lips. It’s vampy but not too dark and can easily be applied without a lip liner. The finish is creamy with a slight sheen to it and does not dry the lips out in the slightest!
- Old Hollywood – Bobbi Brown. A bright vintage style red that as the name would suggest just screams old Hollywood glamour! Another non-drying formula that has very tiny glittery specks in it that leave a lovely sheen to the lips. Everytime I wear this I get so many compliments on the colour!
- So Chaud – Mac. This satisfies my bright colour craving! I love bold lips and rarely wear a nude so this orangey red is a great solution! It’s one of Macs matte finish lipsticks so it is a little drying to be honest but goes on very smoothly. It can make teeth look a tad yellow as it has orange under tones but I feel like it makes me look more tanned too so you win some you lose some hey?
- Creme Coral – Laura Mercier. I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Laura Mercier christmas lip trio in Pink Spark and this is the lipstick from that set. It’s the perfect Kylie Jenner style lip on me and still manages to pack a punch dispite being the most nude of the bunch. It makes my lips look fuller particular when teamed with the accompanying lip liner and gloss. It is so comfortable to wear and has quite a sheen to it. It’s beautiful!
- Russian Red – Mac. Last but not least is the Mac classic Russian red. Another matte finish from Mac so again it’s a tad on the drying side but it is a staple in my collection. I would describe it as a dark blue toned red so it makes your teeth look whiter too – bonus! It’s perfect for winter and summer, setting off both pale and tanned skin beautifully.
What are your favourite lip sticks? Please let me know in the comments as I’m always on the hunt for more!
P.s I’ve not forgotten my exercises! On Friday I managed to successfully swim 50 lengths! It was a proud day in my house! I promise there will be a couple more health and fitness posts soon!