So, today has been pretty crap. I woke up this morning and instantly wanted to go back to sleep and wake up when the day was over. There was nothing specific about today that I was worried about or dreading but you know when you instantly get that feeling about a day? I worked today but I’ve had a headache all day and amongst a few other things, I have managed to lose a ring that my boyfriend had bought me as a gift only a couple of weeks ago. I am so upset I can’t even explain it. I am one of those people who hold great sentimental value to small items and this was one of those things. I am still optimistic about finding it but I have spent the rest of the day crying at absolutely everything. Female hormones are seriously the worst thing ever when it comes to crying!! So, how to make yourself feel a bit better when you have days like this? I have compiled a few steps, which have all been put to use tonight:
- Eat something that you enjoy -within reason eat whatever you want. Obviously, if you are on a diet don’t go and blow it all as you’ll feel guilty which will make you feel worse, but eat something that makes you feel a bit better. I opted for a M & S Deli Lasagne and a tub of pic ‘n’ mix. My mum had also made Toffee Popcorn Panna Cotta (I can do a post on it if you are interested?) so I ate my own body weight in cream. Nice.
- Have a nice long shower/bath – I find that a nice long bath is good when you are achy and tired but a shower is good when you want to wash away the shitty attributes of the day! I used my Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel which made me feel a lot better!
- Take your makeup off – I love taking my makeup off, it’s so satisfying and leaves you feeling fresher which can really make all the difference!
- Watch a film/some TV – Take your mind off the day by watching something that will help!
- Talk to Someone – Your boyfriend/girlfriend, Mum/Dad, friend, grandparent, whoever is most important to you, get them to give you a few minutes of their time and a good cuddle. My boyfriend is the best at this and instantly makes me feel better. He brought pic ‘n’ mix with him and a good shoulder to cry on!
I’m sorry that this post is a bit of a Debbie Downer but I just didn’t really have anything else to write about today other than my rubbishy day! What do you do on days like these? Tomorrow is another day and I will be back with a more upbeat post I promise!