A bit of a bonus post for you guys tonight but I was debating what to have for tea tonight as my boyfriend wasn’t round so it was just me. I always turn to pasta on these kind of occasions and as I am veggie I just seem to reach for pesto to stir through! I fancied proving to myself that it was just as quick to make a sauce as it was to heat one up so I conjured up a little tomato pasta sauce recipe!
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- A good splash of olive oil
- A clove of garlic crushed or 1 teaspoon of pre chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chilli pesto
- A few chopped basil leaves (unfortunately I got so excited I forgot to put these in!)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry off the garlic
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, stock, purée and pesto and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 mins ( or until your pasta is cooked like in my case! )
- Add your chopped basil and stir through your pasta.
- Garnish with your favourite cheese!
This may be quite boring for all you foodies out there but for students or parents or anyone that needs a quick homemade meal this is great! This managed to make around 3 small portions or two big portions so I have popped the rest in the freezer for another day! That will keep in there for a couple of months which is great as I can just defrost it for a quick tea during my exam period!
Let me know if you give this a try!