Now, I have mentioned quite a few times now on this blog, my love for the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation. It has been a staple in my everyday makeup routine for quite a few months now and I thought it was about time I did a full review on this on my blog.
On Chanel’s website, this foundation is described as ‘a new-generation texture, an unprecedented sensory experience and a unique makeup result.’ It also claims to have ‘rapid and easy application’ with Chanel recommending to simply apply it with your fingers.
‘Its formula, enriched with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application.’This 30ml bottle retails for £33.00 so it is quite pricey, but in my opinion, it really is worth it! This is an oil-free foundation so you do have to give it a good shake before you use it. I think the packaging is sleek and very ‘Chanel’ and a little really does go a long way with this product. I have been using this pretty much every day since September and I am only just getting towards the end of it, so I really can justify the price as it has lasted longer than most other foundations I have bought in the past.
I thought, to give you a proper over view of what this foundation is like, I would take a couple of photos whilst applying my makeup today. My skin is quite bad at the moment so I apologise for my rather unattractive bare faced selfie in this post! I’m not a massive fan of taking selfies as I never like the way they turn out but hey ho I took three!
The picture in the top left is clearly pre-makeup, the bottom left is just with this foundation on and the right-hand photo is after I have completed my full makeup for today. I applied this with my fingers like Chanel suggested today and I was really happy with the effect, it was light yet still gave enough coverage for me today. I have also applied this with both a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and a Real Techniques Buffing Brush and they have also given a really nice finish to the skin. I wear the shade 20 Beige which is quite a good match for me all year round as this foundation really does blend seamlessly into my skin.
If I had to think of any quibbles about this they would be:
- I would like just a little bit more coverage (This is why I am looking into the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow as it has been described as this foundation but with more coverage. Score!)
- There is not a massive shade range, although this doesn’t effect me at all it could be a problem for really fair or dark ladies.
- I would like the price to be under £30. Although I would repurchase this (probably over and over again) there is something quite heartbreaking about forking out over £30 for just a foundation!
If you are interested, here are the other makeup products I have used in this makeup look:
- Clarins Instant Concealer in Fair 01
- Benefit Brow Zings in Light
- Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Pink
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold
- Maybelline Master Drama Cream Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Purple
- Maybelline Brow Drama in Clear
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Laura Mercier Lipliner in Pot Pourri
- Benefit Lipstick in Lady’s Choice
Have you tried this foundation before? Would you spend £33 on a foundation? Have you used any other Chanel makeup products?