You know when you are meant to be revising, suddenly you find that you ‘have’ to start searching through your make up and ‘shopping your stash’ or you take 45 minutes to apply a full face of makeup just to go to the doctors as it means you can end revision that little bit earlier? Maybe it’s just me that gets like that but today, thats what happened. I went through my makeup picking out things I hadn’t used in a while or simply just don’t use every day and decided to just chuck them all on my face today. Thankfully not literally!
- Primer – Clarins Instant Smooth. This little Beauty made it into my April favourites for its amazing smoothing-out qualities.
- Foundation – Smashbox Liquid Halo. Today I was reminded why this was in my Disappointing Products post last week I really hated the whole application process but I’m just trying to finish it up now. The end result wasn’t completely awful either after a lot of tweaking!
- Concealer – Clarins Instant Light Concealer. Read all about my love for it here.
- Benefit Brow Zings and Maybelline Brow Drama – no change here, but this combo gives me eyebrows that are on fleek. (P.s I hate myself for writing that! P.p.s I also had to google how to spell the word ‘fleek’ )
Now this is where things get a bit new and interesting for this blog:
- Eyelid Primer – No7 Smoothing Eye Base I quite like this little pot, it does what I would imagine a MAC paint pot to do, gets rid of the veiny look on your eye lid and just generally smooths them out.
- Eye Shadow – MUA Undressed Palette and this is how the eyelid turned out, simply yet quite shimmery. These are the shades I used from the palette: I used Shade 1 in the inner third of my eye to keep it nice and bright and I buffed Shade 5 into my outer corner and crease with a Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush. I applied Shade 9 across the centre of my eye as my main colour and used Shade 2 which is more shimmery than Shade 1 just to go over my inner corner again to add an extra highlight. This palette is amazing as it is so cheap, it’s only £4! The pigmentation is amazing, my only quibble is how powdery the formula is so it can get quite messy! I hope you like the look I created with this! Due to all the shimmer I decided against eyeliner today to keep it still looking semi-subtle.
- As I said I was silly and forgot to include this in my picture but I used the Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara today rather than my usual Lancome Hypnose. I like the way that the brush on this is a little bit wiggly so it really catches all your lashes!
- Highlight – Mentioning my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze yesterday I gave it another go as a highlighter today. As I said it is wearable but you have to have the lightest hand imaginable!
- Blush and Contour – Benefit Dandelion and Benefit Hoola from my Cheeky Sweet Spot palette. I had forgotten how beautiful Dandelion Blush was and I really enjoyed using that today instead of my usual Coralista! It is perfect for my pale skin and the light colour is lovely for spring! Need I go on about Hoola? Although I’ve not written about it too much on here it really is a great matte bronzer. There is usually a valid reason why products become Blogger cult favourites!
- Finally to finish the look off with a vibrant pop, I used LOreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire in Rose Symphony. I got this for my birthday from the lovely Nicola from Itsneecola and it is such a lovely product. The colour is lovely and vibrant and the applicator and packaging is really sleek. I felt that this was the perfect way to tie the look together today!
So here’s the finished look:I was really happy with how it turned out! Have you used any of these products before? Do you have any more good recommendations for me? I may have been naughty and headed to Clarins today so pop back tomorrow if you are a fan of Beauty Deals and Hauls posts! Also, there is still plenty of time left to enter my giveaway, make sure you read the rules and enter to be in with the chance of winning a MAC lipstick in the colour of your choice!
P.s Please follow me on Twitter & BlogLovin, the links are in my equivalent of a side bar – on this theme it is the ‘…’ page at the top of my blog! 🙂