So in the run up to me hitting 250 followers, I tweeted to see if there was any kind of post that people particularly would like me to do. The very lovely Lucie from Lucieleannexo suggested a post on tips I have learnt from blogging so far and I thought this was a great idea for a post. Although I am still quite a new blogger and 250 is still quite a small following, I have definitely learnt plenty about blogging in the last couple of months! I have comprised my top 5 tips which will hopefully make an interesting read whether you have just started or you have been blogging for years!
- Get someone to help you master photoshop – Now I am all for keeping a blog honest, but I do have to get rid of the odd spot on my face every now and again! T has to stop me getting carried away as I like the retoucher tool so much that I start deleting my moles by accident! It is pretty difficult to get a perfect photo straight away so by tweaking it a little on photoshop you can make sure you like the way it looks every time!
- Read plenty of other blogs – How are you meant to know what to write about if you don’t know what you like to read? It’s good to take inspiration from other peoples posts and make them your own and to do a bit of research into how you would like your blog to look and be set out. Now this is not to say that copying a blog like for like is a good idea but take some ideas and make them your own!
- Write about what you want to write about, not what you think you should write about – Your passion will come through if you write about what you are genuinely interested in! If makeup is your thing then you should write about that, but you can also keep it varied! I like to do the odd food post and when I eventually get out of this country this year I plan to do a couple of travel posts! Write whatever takes your fancy and put your all into your posts and it will honestly shine through!
- Everyone starts out the same – It is very easy to get disheartened when you feel like you are writing posts and you’re not getting the amount of views/followers/likes that other bloggers are getting, but everyone started out the same, with 0 followers! We all have to start somewhere and getting attention to your blog is all part and parcel with how passionate you are about the content. The more interesting your posts are, the more attention your blog will get.
- Use the scheduling function – This is something I really need to use more of at the moment! If you have a schedule that you like to stick to and you know that you are going to be busy on those days then plan the posts in advance and schedule them to go live so you stick to your schedule! Readers like consistency and consistency is what is going to get your views and followers up. If you have a free Sunday, why not schedule your posts for the week and then it’s a weight off your mind and you can just check in on the comments each day? The only problem I find with this is if I feel like I have written a particularly good post, then I just want to post it right there and then rather than wait a few days!
Today’s post is a little different to usual but I really liked Lucie’s suggestion and after a particularly busy day of revision, it was quite a nice stress free post to write! I hope you all have found something useful in these tips or just enjoyed having a little read!