I’ve been on a bit of a cleansing hype recently, particularly for ones that I can use to remove both my eye and face makeup. I have used face wipes to take my makeup off since I first started wearing makeup and I had never really thought anything of it until I got older, my skin was still quite spotty and I got immersed into the blogging world. It was then that I realised you can get a cleanser in pretty much any form these days so I have been trying as many as I can recently! I thought I would do a post with a mini review on each one I’ve tried and also a little wish list at the end of ones that I still would love to try!
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish – If you follow me on Twitter then you will know that T’s mum gave me a small bottle of this the other day and I have to say I am hooked! I love the scent, the thick balmy texture feels so luxurious and the muslin cloth that comes with it really does buff the skin nicely. I have had no irritation from this in the slightest, even around my eyes and I definitely need to buy the full size. If I remember rightly, my Nan has a bottle of this at her house that she doesn’t use, there may have to be some family-beauty-product-thieving going on next time I see her!
Body Shop Chamomile Cleanser – I still love this product for everyday use and I have nearly gone through a whole tin! It has a very neutral scent to it which I personally really like, it is not as heavy on the skin as some others so it is great for those days when you want something a little lighter to take your makeup off with. Due to this, it doesn’t leave any kind of residue on the skin. It really does get rid of your makeup though, even eye makeup so this is definitely a winner from me!
Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel – You may have scene this in my recent post where I got a little bit spend happy at the Clarins counter (Nothing new there then!). This is a gel cleanser that turns into an oil when you massage it into the skin and then turns into a milk when you add water. I really liked the texture of this on the skin, it took my makeup off well and left my skin feeling thoroughly cleansed yet quite hydrated if that is even possible. The only thing I would say about this is that it stung my eyes ever so slightly. Not to the point where it was hugely painful but there was definitely a little bit of irritation there. I did check with the girl on the counter that this was suitable for use on eye makeup too and she seemed to think it was. I would use it again for eye makeup removal but only when I don’t have heavy eye makeup on!
Una Brennan Superfacialist Vitamin C+ Skin Renew Cleansing Oil – I only got this at the weekend but I can already see what all the hype is about. The oil very quickly breaks down makeup, doesn’t irritate the skin and leaves it feeling plump and fresh. The orange scent is lovely but isn’t overpowering when applied to the face and it also doesn’t irritate my eyes. I have to say I really like the packaging on this too. Overall, I have been really pleased with this product so far!
L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Cleansing Foam – I haven’t been taking my makeup off with this, this has been more of a jump in the shower in the morning and my face needs a freshen up kind of product. This is like a water in the bottle but once you press the pump, it comes out as a light foam. This is so lightweight on the skin, it has a subtle floral scent that isn’t really to my taste but doesn’t really impact the product. We got this as a gift with purchase recently and I am quite pleased we have had a chance to try it. My skin is very smooth and soft after I have used this. Would I actually pay to have this again? Probably not but it is still a nice cleanser, I think I just prefer to buy ones that are more multipurpose.
Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser – I bought this in my recent Clarins haul and I have enjoyed using it in the mornings! It is bi-phase so you have to give it a bit of a shake and it gives your skin a lovely fresh feeling. I do still prefer the Clarins Peach Cleansing Water so I think I would buy that instead of buying this again, but if I couldn’t get hold of that I would definitely have this as my back-up option! Again, this has a light citrusy scent and is nice an light on the skin.
Cleanser Wish List:
- Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Cleansing Gelee £24 – I saw this on Fleur De Forces blog and now I feel like I have to give this a try!
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm £36 – Everyone and their mother has talked about this but the price is really putting me off! I may just bite the bullet and try it, or ask for it for my birthday as I really want to see what all the hype is about!
- Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil £10 – Seeing as I love the balm version, I want to see if the oil formula is just as good!
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm – £21 – I’ve heard a lot of good reviews about this and the purple packaging is rather pretty too! I once had an allergic reaction to a Clinique foundation so that is the only thing that is putting me off giving this one a try incase this does the same thing!
- Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm £24 – I think I may have had either a sample of this or a similar product in the past and I would like to give this a proper go now I’m into cleansers. Ren products are meant to be pretty good, the only thing that is putting me off is the scent of rose. Despite my name, I’m not a huge fan of the smell of roses!
- Eve Lom Cleanser £55 – I really want to try this as the reviews have been great, but bloody hell, I’m a student! What kind of crazy pricing is £55 for a cleanser?! I think I would always struggle to fork out that on just a cleanser. Shame really as the product looks and sounds lovely!
- Balm Balm Frankincense Cleansing Balm £15.50 – I saw this while browsing Feel Unique today and thought it sounded quite interesting! Seeing as I love the balm texture of things and this is a bit more budget friendly, I may give this a go sometime soon!
- L’Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil £17.00 – I love L’Occitane products and their Shea range really is great so this is quite high up on the wish list for cleansers to try. I think the price is quite reasonable too.
Do you have any cleansers that you think I should try. Have you tried any of the ones I’ve review or any that are on my wish list? Which cleansers are you currently using?