I don’t know whether I made you aware, but my boyfriend actually works as a buyer in the beauty department for Boots, I know amazing right?! He now talks to me about cleansing balms and the latest launches and an extra added bonus…he gets access to the staff shop! So this weekend was a bring a friend day so, naturally I made him drag me along with him to see if I could pick up some bargains! A lot of the stuff in there is either a Boots brand, like No7, or a Boots exclusive brand, like Soap & Glory, but there were some great things that I managed to pick up at dirt cheap prices!First things first, I would like to apologise for the utterly terrible photo, I couldn’t get everything in and when I did it was ridiculously blurry! Oops! So, what did I get?
- A Mini Soap & Glory Hand Food Hand Cream – I love this and have repurchased many times, this retails for £2.50 but I picked it up for the pricey sum of 75p. Bargain.
- Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It – I have just run out of my Liz Earle exfoliator and needed a new one, I’ve heard great things about this and it was only £2.00 instead of £9.00 so how could I say no?!
- Time Delay Microdermabrasion Kit with extra heads – This is a vibrating facial device that has a soft sponge head that you apply your exfoliator to, to get a microdermabrasion effect. I have never tried anything like this and really wanted to give it a go. This has sadly been discontinued now, which is why it was in the staff shop, but it was only £2.50 so if it’s awful I’m not too bothered. I will keep you posted though!
- Ted Baker Nail Wraps – I’ve had my eyes on these for absolutely ages but the price of £7.50 really put me off in case I didn’t get on well with them. However, I found these for 75p!! Yes, you heard me right, 10% of their original value!! I may do a post when I apply them to let you know how I get on as they have loads of pretty designs!
- No7 Blusher Brush – I have had No7 brushes before and they are cheap and cheerful and wash relatively well. Not in the same league as Real Techniques but still pretty good all the same! I think this is old branding, but their current blush brush retails for £11.00 and this was only £2.00. It’s really soft and comes with a little brush guard too. Fancy!
- Soap & Glory Scrub Me Tender Hand Scrub – I quite like using hand scrubs and i’m almost out of my No7 so I thought I would give this one a go. I have a sneaky feeling that it’s discontinued as I couldn’t find it on the website but I think it was only 1 or 2 pounds so I’m happy!
- No7 Beautiful Day & Night Creams – These are actually for my Nan not for me, she uses both of these and really likes them and they were a bargain so I thought I’d treat her. She’s coming to see me tomorrow so I may bribe her to bring that spare bottle of Cleanse & Polish and do a trade. Sneaky right? These retail for £13.50 each and they were only £5 each in the staff shop! It’s lovely to be able to get a bargain and treat someone at the same time!
- No7 Soft & Soothed Cleanser – Again this is for my Nan to cleanse her face at night, she has quite thin skin due to medication and the No7 cream cleansers are lovely and gentle on her face. This retails for £8.00 but I paid £3.50. Again, a great saving and a nice treat for Nan.
- Ted Baker Hair & Body Wash – This was for T, he said he’s tried it before and liked it and it was only £1.75 so in the basket it went. It’s actually only £4.07 on the Boots website at the moment so I don’t know whether they are getting rid of this particular product but hey, he likes the smell and it was really cheap for Ted Baker!
There were so many other things there, if you used a lot of No7 you would have had a right field day! There was a limit to £30 per person to make it fair for all staff members and their friends and family! I do love Boots and think they are a fantastic company so it was nice for them to give something back in the way of these lovely low prices!
Have you tried any of the items I picked up? Is there anything in particular you would like to see a review on in the future?