Hello there, Ana here from the blog Ravishing Roses. I hope that you are all enjoying the lovely Molly’s guest blogger week! Today I thought that I would give you 10 ideas of things to do when you’re a little down in the dumps. Everyone has those days, and sometimes just the smallest things can help to turn that frown upside down.
- Light a candle. There’s just something about the flickering of a candle that instantly calms me down. I have recently been loving the Bomb Cosmetics Blissful Rest candle. It smells of palma violets and throws me back to my childhood.
- Have a cuddle with your pet. I have two little kittys and I swear a cuddle with them is like medicine, they instantly pick me up. If you don’t have a pet, I’m sure that your best friend or mum would also be perfect.
- Read a book. I absolutely love losing myself in the storyline of a book. I’m currently reading The Time Traveller’s Wife and I love have a good binge read and completely forgetting about all my worries.
- Have a cuppa. Tea solves all problems, I swear it’s a scientific fact. If you’re not a tea lover (then we can’t be friends…) I am sure that a mug of hot chocolate could also do the trick.
- Take some time away from technology. Turn off your laptop and your phone and just go for a stroll outside. The fresh outdoors can cure most down days.
- Call up a close friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while. I love doing this, because you always have so much to talk about and it’s always as if you haven’t spent any time apart.
- Take a bath. A long, hot bath (in particular a Lush bath) is guaranteed to make all your troubles float away and leave you feeling chilled out and ready to embrace the day.
- Listen to your favourite music. I have created a playlist on Spotify which has a wonderful 5 hours and 34 minutes worth of 90’s throwback music on it. I think it’s actually impossible for me to be in a bad mood whilst listening to this.
- Binge Read Blogs. I love a good blog binge read, hence why I write my own.
- Put on a facemask. I think that I have saved my favourite till last. Facemasks just remind me of sleepovers that I used to have when I was about 13. They always leave me feeling cleansed of both my skin impurities and my worries.
I hope that you enjoyed these little tips, and please let me know if you have any tips that you think should be added to this list!
I would love if you could check out my blog for more ramblings about beauty, fashion and lifestyle.
Thank you Molly for handing over the reigns of your blog to me!