It’s that time of the month again where I show off all my empty bottles and tubs and exclaim that I can’t believe we’ve reached the end of another month! You know the drill guys! Any ways I feel like I’ve really excelled myself for two reasons today guys:
- I have managed to hoard all my empties until the end of the month!! Round of applause please!
- Yet again, I have finished off a ridiculous amount of products! *pats self on the back*
Before I get into the actual empties, I want to pay a small tribute to 3 products which were cruelly taken from us by the evil men in airport customs. Apparently the plastic bag has to shut now, who’d have thought it!? How do they sleep at night?!
- First to be snatched out my luggage was the Mark Hill Cover Up! Sun Protection Spray. To be honest, I picked this to go as I was just trying to finish it up. My hair very rarely gets greasy but this did a good job at proving otherwise. It was only a mini, but still a little depressing to watch the man throw it in the bin!
- The second Custom Casualty was the Bumble & Bumble Curl Creme which again was something I was trying to finish off anyway. It didn’t weigh my hair down but didn’t really do much for my hair either. For a pricy item I would have expected more from it to be honest!
- The final item was my Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Hand Gel which I was gutted to have to get rid of! The only reason I did is that it was half full and I could very cheaply replace it. I will definitely be buying this again and I was very sad to see that one go!
So onto the actual empties now, sit tight, grab a cuppa, this
could will be a long one…
BATH & BODY
- Body Shop Virgin Mojito Shower Gel – I love this, the scent is incredible and I cannot believe that it is only limited edition! It lathers up really well and I also loved using it as bubble bath as it created mountains of mint and lime smelling bubbles! I would definitely buy this again if I hadn’t just bought 4 other body shop shower gels! I didn’t really think that one through well did I?
- Body Shop Mango Shower Gel Mini – Tom & I took these away to Budapest with us and even he said that he really liked the scent of this one! Naturally it was very fruity and the scent lingered for just the right amount of time.
- Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel Mini (Not Pictured) – Some how this one has made a bid for freedom and I cannot find it anywhere! I normally hate sweet scents but this one literally smells of strawberry laces and I will 100% be buying this one again. Definitely one of my favourites from the body shop!
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Cleanser Mini X2 – I was very pleased to see these in my hotel as I have heard Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup rave on about Peter Thomas Roth. They were a rather weird jelly like consistency but has a really nice orange scent and lathered up really nicely. The full size is quite pricy so I wouldn’t buy the full size but they were nice to try!
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Lotion Mini – Again this is from the hotel we stayed in in Budapest and was a nice handy trial size. The lotion was really light and soaked in well. Nothing that I haven’t tried before though so I wouldn’t buy the full size.
- St Tropez In-Shower Tanning Lotion Travel Size – Where do I even start with this product?! I absolutely love it! I have since picked up another travel size and two full sized bottles as this is definitely going to be the only self tanner I use for the foreseeable future. I will be writing a full review of it when I can find the time, but take my word for it, it’s amazing!
- L’Occitane Amande Hand Cream -Hands down my favourite hand cream ever (Pardon the pun!). I buy this over and over again as the scent is just gorgeous, the lotion isn’t sticky and it soaks in really quickly leaving you with gorgeously smooth hands. I have already picked up two more tubes of this in Duty Free as it is about half the price!
- J’adore Dior Sample – This is a perfume that I absolutely love, it lasts all day and is such a great scent for both day and night. I have been really sparing with my full sized bottle as it is bloody expensive but Mum had a sample lying around so I took this away with me! Thank God I did as my toiletries bag was bursting and I would have probably lost it if he’d tried to make me ditch this!
- Miss Sixty Elixir Perfume – Now technically this isn’t completely finished but the scent just doesn’t suit me anymore and I won’t ever wear it. It is really old though and I don’t know whether they even make it anymore. I won it in a competition from Shout! Magazine when I was about thirteen so I think it is time to bid this a fond farewell! Please tell me other people remember Shout! ?!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush – I always have a can of Batiste on the go and I fluctuate between the different fragrances. This one was really nice and really refreshes my hair, I know it sounds gross but this can stop me washing my hair for an extra 2 days so it’s always a winner in my eyes! I have a cherry one on the go at the moment and will always be repurchasing!
- Nails Inc Mini in Birdcage Walk – I adore this colour, it is a really lovely grey toned pink and is perfect if you want a subtle wash of colour on your nails. If they still sell this colour, I think I will pick up another bottle as it looks lovely on and I love the Nails Inc formula!
- Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Butter – This makes taking my makeup off so incredibly easy, it’s so subtly scented with chamomile which is perfectly soothing before you go to bed! This tin lasted me quite a long time and left my skin feeling clean and refreshed without a greasy film! I do have a lot of cleansers to finish up at the moment but I think I will end up buying this again as it may possibly be my favourite of the bunch.
- Garner Simply Essentials Makeup Remover – I have got a bit lazy recently when it comes to taking my makeup off and this has been a real saviour. I have been using this to get the majority off before I go in with my cleansing oil and my Magnitone Lucid and it really cuts the time down! I’m quite sad that this has finished but I want to try a few other makeup removers so I may repurchase it in the future but not yet!
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm -I do enjoy using this as both a primer and also a face mask. It leaves my skin feeling lovely and plump and, if worn as a primer, makes my makeup look a lot brighter and more dewy. This is a great multi purpose product that is great to have hanging around. I have a few more bottles of this as backup so I’m all good for a while!
- Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner – This technically is a bit of a cheat as I haven’t finished it, I have just decanted the half that was left into a spray bottle. I am really enjoying spraying my toner on at the moment rather than using a cotton pad as I find it more refreshing. Humour me please!
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara – I really love the way this mascara makes my eyelashes look! They rarely look clumpy and have a really full and thick look to them. The brush is a really strange wiggly shape but I really loved using this! Sadly it started getting very clumpy towards the end so it was time to go. I will definitely consider this when I need a new mascara.
- Benefit Porefessional Primer Mini – Got to say that I don’t really find this does anything for my skin or makeup but I do like the feel of it when I use it. I won’t be repurchasing this!
- Rimmel BB Cream Matte – If you read my BB post recently, you will know that this is my Holy Grail BB cream, and in fact I miss it already. I think you and I both know that this means I will be buying this again very shortly…
- Model Co Lip Enhancer Illusion Nude Lip Liner – Not the most catchy name but quite a good product all the same, the only thing is it was very creamy so I did find that after you sharpened it the tip pretty much always snapped off and stuck to my lips. Not the most attractive look I have to admit but I did go amazing well with the next two products I am going to mention. I have tried better lip liner formulas so I think that this is the end of the liner for me and this one!
- Benefit Lipstick in Ladies Choice – Easily my favourite nude lip product of all time. There, I said it! However, the love affair is over as Benefit have discontinued both the formula and colour of this lipstick. *sobs uncontrollably* I am genuinely so disappointed that they have decided to do this as the formulation and colours of this range were second to none, even MAC! If I could, I would repurchase.
- No7 High Shine Lipgloss in Happy – This went really well over the Lipliner and lipstick mentioned above, it gave a nice pinky sheen and mad not sticky in the slightest. I really liked both the colour and the texture, if you are looking for an easy to wear gloss definitely head to No7!
- Dentyl Active Mint Mouthwash – We took this away with us on holiday but to be honest I definitely prefer the fresh clove one over the mint. I really like the clean feeling they both give but they do also leave a bit of an after taste which can effect the taste of whatever you eat next, no matter how much time has passed since. I do always buy the clove one though and will carrying on doing so!
- Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste – Now I wouldn’t normally mention a toothpaste, but I was so impressed with how much whiter this made my teeth, even after only a few days of use! It uses bicarbonate of soda to rid your teeth of stains and it’s really effective! I am heading out to buy the full size tomorrow as I have noticed the difference since I have stopped using it!
- Nivea Pearl Beauty Spray Deodorant – I have had this a few times now and the scent is really light and girly! It is probably one of the only ones I don’t get sick of by like the second week of use! It will no doubt end up in my basket again some time in the future!
You’ve made it to the end! Hoorah! This has gone down as my longest post to date on The Rose Beauty Files so a massive thank you if you have actually made it to this sentence! How many empties are we thinking there’ll be this time next month then? Have you tried any of these products, if so what did you think? I hope you’ve all had a lovely July and fingers crossed the weather picks up again here in the UK
P.S Do you prefer the empties post to be like this or last months? Please let me know!