So my first pay day, since starting work full time for summer, arrived the other day and the extra boost of money to my bank account may have encouraged me to get a little bit spend happy. Another thing that contributed to my spending spree was the fact that I’ve just finished my 5 night shifts at boots, which meant that on my break I could browse the shop completely uninterrupted. Very very dangerous territory! My view is everyone deserves to have a few treats, so today I am sharing with you my pay day collective haul!
So, first up, lets talk about the priciest item in my little splurge, my Chanel Chance Eau Vive Perfume 50ml! Now you may have remembered in my June Empties Post that I finished off a sample of this and I absolutely loved it, it was the first Chanel perfume I had ever tried and liked and so I finally took the plunge and bought it! This retails for quite an eye-watering £55 however I managed to get it for £43 by taking advantage of the Boots 10% off fragrance offer that was on and also using my Boots discount. This is a lovely summer fragrance and to say it is only a EDT, it lasts like most other EDP’s! Very happy bunny over here!
Now I am fully aware that I don’t talk about drugstore beauty much on this blog and that is simply because I do prefer high-end products as I feel they are much better quality, however, as a student, the price does sometime get a bit much, particularly when you like trying out new products as often as I do! Therefore, I did a little drugstore beauty haul one night at boots, using up some of my points and making the most of the brilliant three for twos that were on offer! So first up then, L’oreal:
- L’oreal True Match Foundation in Golden Ivory – This has been so highly talked about in the blogging world that I wanted to see what all the fuss is about, I have used it once so far and was content with how it looked but not blown away as of yet! I am going to do an individual review on the majority of these products over the next month but I want to give this a good try before I make a decision as it did seem to look better as the day went on.
- L’oreal Miss Manga Mascara – I picked this up on a bit of a whim as I was one short on my 3-for-2, but boy am I glad I did! I don’t think I’ve been so impressed with a mascara in a very long time! If you follow me on twitter, I posted a picture of my eyelashes with this on the other day so make sure you check that out!
- L’oreal Infallible 24hr Foundation in 120 Vanilla – Of the two L’oreal foundations I feel like this is my favourite! It wore so well throughout the day and the colour match was pretty good actually. To be honest, I matched myself pretty well to all the foundations but this one did seem to leave my skin looking especially lovely! A little goes a long way with this and after one try, I am eager to put it to the test even more!
Being the beauty spend-a-holic that I am, I wasn’t satisfied with one 3-for-2, so I meandered over to the Bourjois counter and a few things may have just slipped into my basket…
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla – I know what you’re thinking, why on earth do I need another foundation?! Well I wanted to try more drugstore items to be featured on this blog and in FOTD posts, so blame the blog! Again, I have worn this once and I have been pleasantly surprised by it, within 10 minutes of walking into work yesterday, I was asked what foundation was on my face as it looked lovely. That’s a good start in my books!
- Bourjois Bronzing Primer – Now a little while ago when Nicola and I went on our little post exams shopping trip, we went to the Chanel counter and tried the Soleil Tan De Chanel and fell a little bit in love. However, when we heard the price, neither of us could justify spending that amount of money! So, online I went in search of a good dupe and I believe I have found it! Both of us have picked this up and I for one am very very happy with it! It also smells delicious too!
- Bourjois Poudre De Riz De Java – Apparently, this was the first product Bourjois released over 150 years ago, and I thought, if it’s not been discontinued over all those years, it must be a good’un! It’s an illuminating skin highlighter that helps to set makeup at the same time. It is very finely milled and has a lovely scent to it!The final thing I picked up from Boots, was yet another base in the form of the Rimmel London BB Cream Matte now if you’ve either read my latest empties or my BB post then you’ll know that I am seriously impressed with this product! Coming in at only £6.99, how could I turn down the opportunity to pick up another bottle?!
As I’m sure of you have realised already through blogging, it’s very easy to get enticed into buying products and Ana’s post featuring Sweet Cecily’s, was no different. After a little bit of tweeting, I finally decided on two products from their range, the Elderflower & Almond Hand Cream and the Mojito Flavour Lip Balm. What I like about the brand is that all the products are handmade in Whitby, which is a place that I love, and also that they are made with more natural ingredients. I loved the idea of supporting a small independent company from somewhere I love and for just over £10 delivered, it would have been rude not to!
The final beauty splurge was done on the Zoeva website! I am putting the purchase solely down to one person, Lauren! Her post made me fall a little bit in love with this palette purely from the picture! I am of course talking about the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette! I have never tried anything from Zoeva before but after reading that post, it was simply meant to be that this was my first item from them! There will be a full post on this to come as I am yet to play with it, but the colours are just dreamy! I have swatched it and I can say that these are so so pigmented and soft! I couldn’t believe it really for the price! I couldn’t find this palette on BeautyBay so I bought it from Zoeva directly and bought a couple of their brushes to make up for the delivery charge. The brushes I got were the Petite Stippling Brush as I wanted a brush for cream blush and my new cream bronzer, and also the Luxe Soft Crease Brush. I love that the brushes come in little ziplock bags, which are just perfect for taking your brushes away with you! They also sent me two sample sachets of their eyeshadow primer in pearl, so I will have to see if I like them too! The brushes are incredible soft and remind me a little bit of the texture of the Lamora brushes I always rave on about!
The final thing I bought was the lovely Marble MacBook case you can see in the picture! I love the look of marble (as you can probably tell from all my photos!) so I just had to pick this up when my old faithful case got a crack in it! I only paid £15.98 for it but it does seem to be very popular as they have put the price up on Amazon! Here’s the link if you are interested! I love how this can also double up as an on-the-go photo background for my blog, so really, it’s a win-win!
Okay please don’t tell me off for my
little spending spree; I feel like I’ve just been working so much recently that I have neglected my blog a little bit so I needed a few new items to motivate me a bit more! I am really happy with everything so much, which is a great outcome for me! Have you tried any of these products before? If so, what did you think of them? Also, which product would you like to see reviewed first?