So Friday 9th October was my 21st birthday and I had an amazing day and night surrounded by family and friends and was truly spoilt. I absolutely love reading posts about what people got for their birthday so I thought I would share what lovely gifts I was lucky enough to receive this year! I’ll put it out there as a little disclaimer that I am not bragging at all and I am incredibly grateful for the gifts I received! So, without further ado, I’ll get into showing you what I got! Heres the beauty-related items I have now added to my ever growing collection!
- Alfie, my brother, got me the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette and a little tube of the Urban Decay Primer potion! I am so excited to try this out and he has definitely earned some serious brownie points for this pressie! I haven’t used it yet as I have just been drooling over it but I will be sure to give you a review of this over the next few weeks!
- Now this one was quite an unexpected gift as one of the lovely girls I tutor maths to and her family bought me a new MAC lipstick as they know I am obsessed! Lauren picked the shade herself and it’s Brave which is a satin finish! I absolutely love it and the formulation of the satin lipsticks is great! It’s everything I like about the matte finish formulation but without the overly dried lips feeling! The colour is perfect for my skin tone and is a great option for day or night!
- Tom’s Mum used to work for Esteè Lauder so she knows what the makeup obsessives struggle is like! She and Tom’s Dad very kindly treated me to some Charlotte Tilbury goodies as they know I’ve been drooling over them for an incredibly long time! I got the Vintage Vamp Eyeshadow Quad, Night Crimson Lipstick & Love Is The Drug Blush. I have tried all of these out and they were so worth the wait!! I am going to review them and do a little look with them as put together they are simply stunning! I am so grateful and lucky to have added these beauties to my collection!
- To co-inside with the other lovely Charlotte Tilbury goodies, my good friend Emily bought me the new Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in Fair 3. I have watched way way too many videos on this and the results amazed me enough to add this to my wishlist! I have only tried it once so far but so far so good! I love the finish it gives on the skin and it feels so light, again, there will be a review to follow so you can see the difference for yourselves!
- As one of Tom’s gifts to me, he bought me the Smashbox #Shapematters Palette which he picked out all by himself so I am seriously impressed! I have given it a little go and I am really happy with it so far! There is a great mix of products inside and the palette has been really well thought out! There are 9 eyeshadow shades, a contour, bronzer and two highlighting shades, 2 eyebrow shades and an eyebrow wax.
- My Mum & Dad’s friends bought me some lovely Molton Brown goodies, including two shower gels, a body lotion and a hand cream. I am excited to try them as they are in varying scents!
- I got a lovely Almond & Honey hand cream from my friend Rachel. The packaging reminds me a little bit of L’Occitane and I am intrigued to see how it smells as the scent is delicious.
- The final beauty pressie was from my God Mother who always buys fantastic presents! She bought me a day pass to Eden Hall Spa in Newark! I have never been to a spa for the day before so I cannot wait to go! I am going to go with my Mum and Auntie and have a lovely girly day together! I am so excited and I think I am going to add some treatments to make the day even more relaxing!
- My grandparents bought me a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne which is always a lovely gift for a special birthday! I love champagne so I like the idea of drinking a really nice bottle!
- My oldest friend Megan bought me the new book by Millie Mackintosh, Made. She is literally my style icon and body inspiration so I am really looking forward to having a good read of this. It contains everything from fitness and recipes, to fashion and makeup so I can tell I am going to enjoy this!
- Now onto what my parents bought me! They bought me an absolutely stunning necklace and jewellery set from Swarovski that is rose gold with dark grey Swarovski crystals. They are beautiful and I have bought myself some earrings and a ring to complete the set with some birthday money. I will insert some closeups below so you can see them in all their glory! And if like me, you are wondering what the New York trade guide was for, then I am so excited to say that I am going to NEW YORK!!! I never thought I would actually be able to say that but I am, next year hopefully! I am so so grateful that they are willing to pay for me to go with my friend Emily and the excitement has already started to set in! I am going to read this book cover to cover so I know exactly what I want to do when I get there!!!
- I may have been a little bit naughty when I was in Venice and bought myself a little birthday treat in the form of a Longchamp bag! Isn’t the colour just absolutely gorgeous though so it was totally worth it! I will always remember buying this for myself as I bought it in the shop in Saint Mark’s Square! It is the Pliage Heritage Crossbody and I adore it! It was a stupid amount of money but I worked all summer so I deserve it right?!
- My Auntie & Uncle bought me a new purse as my old one was falling apart! It is from Michael Kors and is the perfect size and shape for me! It has loads of handy compartments inside so I can haul around all my cards and receipts like normal!
- One of the most thoughtful gifts I was bought was this phone case from Tom. My grandparents very kindly bought me my new iPhone 6 and Tom got this case personalised to go with it. It has a marble background with my blog logo on and is very thin so the phone still feels thin rather than extra thick. I absolutely love it and I am so happy with the new phone and the case finishes it off perfectly.
- The final gift was from Tom too and I am really sad as I can’t take a very good picture of it! Its a Vivienne Westwood handbag!! He picked it all by himself and it was a complete surprise when I opened it! He knows I am a designer girl and that a black handbag was missing from my collection so this fit the bill on all parts! He is a great present buyer and this just highlighted that fact!
I just want to say thank you to everyone who bought me a present or sent a card. I am incredibly grateful! I also got lots of lovely little things like chocolate, wine and a very generous amount of money! As I said earlier, I am putting some of the money towards a ring and a pair of earrings to go with the Swarovski jewellery to make a full set, but I am also going to purchase something I have been wanting for many years! I am being very naughty and investing in a pair of Christian Louboutin heels! I am so excited to get them ordered, but unfortunately they are out of stock, so that will have to wait for a little bit! I will write a post on them when I have those babies in my grasp! I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I have writing it! I had an amazing day surrounded by family and friends and I felt well and truly special! I plan to do a little post on the day in the future, but please let me know what you would like to see a review/post of first!
Thanks for reading!