I cannot believe that October is over already! I love October, so I am sad to see it end but we’re now one month closer to Christmas and I am so happy about that!! Through my ever-changing blogging schedule, one thing always remains constant, my empties posts! I absolutely love reading these and the sense of satisfaction that comes from using up so many products can’t be beaten.
I’ve finished off quite a few things this month, so lets take a look through my rubbish again:
- Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin 2 Shampoo – I really liked how clean this made my hair, it is quite expensive, but it lathers up well and keeps my hair looking lovely. The bottle lasted a long time so I guess it was quite cost effective, however I’m not rushing to buy it again as I am trying out a new brand that Tom bought me home from Boots and I am actually really enjoying it! I will do a brand focus on it at some point in the future so keep your eyes peeled for that!
- Kerastase Masquintense For Thick Hair – I rarely use conditioner, instead favouring to use a treatment masque as I only wash my hair once a week. This way my hair gets that intense hit of moisture that it often so desperately needs. I really liked the way this masque worked, it made my hair colour look brighter and my hair slightly less unruly! Again, I’m trying a new product out at the moment so I won’t be repurchasing this again just yet.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo (Travel Size) – To say I got this as a freebie from a hotel, it was pretty good! I enjoyed using it and it worked well with my hair. Admittedly it didn’t do anything Wow! to my hair, but it wasn’t bad either! I won’t be purchasing the full size though as my hair needs Wow!
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Conditioner (Travel Size) – As I said, I don’t often use conditioner as it’s not rich enough for my hair, but I have to say that this wasn’t awful! If you just want a conditioner that you can use a few times a week that will give your hair a little moisture boost then this would be great. For me, it wasn’t intense enough so I won’t buy it again. I do have another sample of this and the shampoo to use up so I will use those in the future.
- Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover (Sample) – Mum and I ordered the Clarins Advent Calendar the other week and they sent us a few freebies for spending over £50. This was one of the ones I picked and I would say that this is probably my favourite eye makeup remover. Dark smoky eyes vanish in an instant and this doesn’t leave you pulling or dragging your eyes. I have gone through a few bottles of this in varying sizes and I think I probably will buy the full size of this in the future, it really is good!
- Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser – I picked this up on a whim when my skin was bad and kept it in my shower. It was really nice to have the pump so I could use it easily when in the shower. It didn’t leave my skin tight and left a nice tingly feeling to the skin. If you want a cheap foaming cleanser to use in the morning then this is great. I would buy it again for that purpose, however I am using another one I have in the mean time.
- Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Pink – I have had this blush for years and year from a gift with purchase. It has been lying in my drawer all those years and this year I finally got round to prioritise using it. I honestly loved this product for summer, it was so dewy and fresh-looking and really perked up my complexion. I am definitely going to be repurchasing this next summer as the colour was absolutely perfect, with a tan or without. If you like cream blushers, then you should definitely give this one a try.
- Vaseline Active Fresh Deodorants – I used up two of these deodorants this month, one in the compressed spray format and one in the regular roll-on format. I really like the scent of this one and I find it really effective at keeping me smelling nice all day. I never use the same scent twice in a row though so I am using a Boots one now and then I have a Dove backup, but I’m sure i’ll come back to this one some point in the not so distant future.
- Bodyshop Vitamin E Eyes Cube – I loved the concept of this, brightening & moisturising eye cream in a stick format?! Perfect! I really did love using it and it was so cooling and refreshing. The only thing I would say is that it didn’t last too long which was a bit disappointing. Seeing as this was the first product I have ever tried like this I thought I better try out a few more before I declare that this is the best so I have replaced this empty one with a new one from Asian brand Tony Moly. I will keep you posted with how I get on with that one, but I am liking it so far.
- Fem Fresh Soap Free Wash – Not a lot of detail needed here but, although the product was good, the bottle design was awful and on one occasion I did get Fem Fresh in my eye which hurt way way more than a ‘soap free wash’ should! Despite only being £1 I won’t be buying this again on principle!!
- OZ Naturals Ocean Mineral Tonic* – I was sceptical of this when I first received it, however I really loved this product. I could really feel the difference when I didn’t use this. I don’t know whether it’s coincidence, but my skin really cleared up when I used this twice a day. The spray on the bottle was really good and dispersed the perfect amount of product in a fine mist. It was also really practical when trying to do my skin care in a rush! I received this one free in exchange for an Amazon review, however, I think I will consider actually buying this when my other toner has finished. The only thing I would say is that, as it contains natural ingredients, there was some kind of weird mould-like substance that formed in the lid that made me feel a bit squeamish when I looked at it! Maybe all that bacteria is what made it work!
- Rommel Match Perfection Foundation Sample – This was taped onto one of the pages in a magazine recently and I had very low hopes for a good colour match. I tried it on and first things first, this was my exact colour match! Result! Once I knew the colour suited, I could asses the actual foundation and I have to say I love it! Tom came in after I had put my makeup on and he said ‘have you used a new foundation, your skin looks the best it ever has and that’s gone on so smoothly’. Sold. Rimmel take my money NOW. (I went to boots 15 minutes later and bought the foundation and the matching concealer and I’ve not looked back since!) This is an absolute bargain at £7.99 for a really incredible, glowing foundation. I will do a full review soon on both this and the concealer so keep a look out for that!
So that’s everything for this month. I hope you enjoyed reading this post! What is the main thing you finished off this month?