Not only has another month gone by, but today marks my one year blog anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been a year since I started my little blog, I am so happy that I have stuck at it and I am still here today writing posts, but more importantly that people are still reading them! I am sat on the train to London writing this today, which is something that I was incredibly nervous about but blogging is helping calm the fear! So back to empties; this month has been quite an impressive one on the finishing off front, if I do say so myself, and I have been looking forward to sharing them with you!
- The Body Shop Passionfruit Shower Gel – It would not be an empties post without a Body Shop shower gel! This passionfruit scent was absolutely gorgeous but I have a feeling it’s not that easy to get hold of anymore, I may be wrong but if that’s true I am really disappointed as it was lovely and refreshing and also made a really lovely bubble bath!
- L’oreal Miss Manga Mascara – I loved the way this mascara made my lashes look, they were very long, fluttery and almost doll like which I loved! However, the brush itself was a little flimsy! It felt like it was going to snap at any moment and that I didn’t have enough stability to really get to the root of my lashes which was a shame. Particularly as the brush head was a lovely tapered shape that worked really well with my lashes! I probably won’t be buying this again.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – I bought this during my vitamin E obsession and really enjoyed using it. It is definitely more suitable for dry skin as I found it to be a little too heavy when my skin was a little less dry, but I have really enjoyed using it. I have another tub on the go at the moment then I think it will probably be time for a switch up again!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 010 Ivory – I wrote a post on my love for this concealer and the matching foundation a while ago and the love has not diminished at all! It is really creamy and brightening and this shade is a perfect match for me which is always a huge bonus! I am currently using the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but I can see myself coming back to this concealer sometime in the near future!
- L’Occitane Divine Cream (Sample Size) – I got this in a Christmas gift set and decided to try it out. It is quite a nourishing face cream and has a bit of a herbal scent to it which I quite liked to be honest. The packaging is very robust even for this sample size which was a nice surprise! However, the full size costs anywhere up to £74 which is quite frankly ridiculous! It did nothing that my Body Shop Moisturisers haven’t done so for that reason I won’t be purchasing the full size.
- Mio Skincare Liquid Yoga Bath Soak (Sample Size) – If you don’t know, I am a huge lover of baths and apart from when I am washing my hair, I would always choose a bath over a shower! I have tried so many bath products out over the years but this was actually quite different. It is a very herbal, almost medicinal smelling liquid that you simply poor under running water and sit back and enjoy. I found it so relaxing and it relieved all the tension that was in my legs. The scent was so calming and it did feel really indulgent! The full size is £26 and I think I would actually pay that to use this on stressful days or when I simply want to have a good relax!
- Molton Brown White Sandalwood Shower Gel – I got this as part of a set for my 21st Birthday (See what else I got here), and I took this to Tom’s house as my shower gel to use there. To be honest, the scent is a bit floral for my liking and I don’t think In would purchase it again. I find Molton Brown a little over-priced to be honest for what they are.
- L’oreal Skin Perfection Nourishing Cleansing Wipes – I have had a couple of packs of these now and although they are nice, they are nothing wow. My mum actually really likes them though and has switched from Nivea to these so they can’t be all bad! I have stocked up on my beloved No 7 face wipes recently so I won’t be buying these again for a while as i have 3 packs of No 7 to work my way through first!!
- The Body Shop Satsuma Hand Gel – I love the body shop hand gels as they have a much nicer fragrance than the usual clinical/aloe vera scents that you find. I liked the scent of this to start with but by the end I found it a bit too heavy for me. I will definitely buy a few more from The Body Shop but probably in a different scent!
- Benefit’s How To Be The Best At Everything Kit (Light) – I am actually really pleased to say that I have finished this kit! I finished the foundation and the primer a while ago and the removable concealer duo is in my makeup bag, however this month I finished the Oxygen Wow powder, completing the box. I enjoyed the powder and found it nice and light, however it wasn’t anything particularly special. I do need a new powder but I think I am going to buy either a MAC one of the Charlotte Tilbury one as I have heard so many good things about them!
So there we have it, another month of rubbish discussed! I hope you enjoyed the post, let me know what you have finished up this month and if you have tried any of the products I have mentioned!