There are two things to address before I start this post:
- I know I’m going to New York and I am meant to be on a no-buy so sorry-not-sorry.
- I also know it’s been a little MAC heavy over here recently but I am a little obsessed with their products at the moment so hopefully you can all just roll with it till the obsession has wavered slightly!
So I am up north at the moment and have done a little bit of shopping. Oops! I think i’ll split this post up into where I bought things from so I’ll start with the MAC goodies I found! On Friday I decided to pay a trip to the York Designer Outlet with Tom to see if they had any good bargains. I was looking to just wander really but I stumbled across a cosmetic store that stocked MAC products at outlet prices and the rest as they say is history. Here’s the goodies I managed to find:
- Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Emphatically Blonde WAS £14 PAID £10 – I have been looking for a new brow gel and wanted one with a colour in this time. I had to take a bit of a guess on the colour, but I think I could maybe have gone a bit darker but I will only know once I’ve tried it on. The little brush looks great for brushing through the hairs so I’m looking forward to trying it!
- Eye Brows Pencil in Delineated WAS £14 PAID £10 – I haven’t used a pencil brow product in ages so I thought I would give this a try. This will be perfect to take to New York so I don’t have to take extra brushes and bulky products. I think the colour is a nice ashy shade and not too warm so it should work well! I tried this for the first time this morning and the colour is actually a really good match. I would say it hasn’t beaten my Benefit or Smashbox eyebrow powders but it is nice all the same!
- Studio Moisture Cream/Sized To Go WAS £10 PAID £7.50 – I’m not gonna lie, I picked this up thinking it was strobe cream!! I was a little disappointed at first but on second thoughts, I have never tried MAC skincare so I am looking forward to giving it a go. I will take it to New York as it is a handy size! On first impressions, a little goes a very long way and it feels lovely and moisturising! I will keep you posted on this one!
- Wash & Dry Blush in Crisp Whites WAS £20 PAID £14 – I never managed to get my hands on anything from the wash and dry collection, but this caught my eye as I haven’t got anything like it. It is a really lovely subtle peach blush that is actually quite pigmented! I will wear this when I am wearing a warm toned colour palette. So think MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow, MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick and MAC Soft & Gentle Highlighter! I also really like the funky packaging! If you still want to get your hands on this, you can get it from Selfridges online.
Total savings: £16.50
When I got to my Grandparents, I realised I hadn’t brought a blush with me! I don’t know how I managed it but naturally, this meant I had to go and buy one! Heading into Boots always leads to multiple purchases so I did end up with more than one item:
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Live Pink £3.99 (3 for 2) – I did’t want to spend much as I have a tonne of blushes at home so I went for Rimmel as it was cheap and cheerful. I also picked my Nan one up in the shade Santa Rose. I have to say I am seriously impressed with this blush and this will 100% be coming to New York with me! It is in a really small packaging which is great for travel but it very pigmented, blends like a dream and lasts all day. I’m so happy I picked this up and I would like to try the other colours!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation £7.99 (3 for 2) – I have to say the Rimmel are fast becoming my favourite Drugstore brand. Everything I try from them just exceeds my expectations! This is a repurchase for me as I simply cannot live without this foundation. I buy the shade 100 Ivory which is the second lightest shade. I am recommending this to absolutely everyone and so far everyone who has gone on to pick it up loves it too!
- Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer £5.99 (3 for 2) – This concealer was in my February Empties and since my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is running out, I decided to opt for this one again as it is a lot cheaper! I buy the shade 010 Ivory which I find to be perfect for me and is a touch lighter than the foundation I buy. I like to put quite a bit of concealer on and I find that this one never looks cakey and blends in perfectly so I don’t mind the fact that it runs out reasonably quickly as it is such a reasonable price!
Total savings: £3.99
The final bit of shopping I did was a trip into Harrogate with my Auntie Susie. We had a lovely girly day including a nice little trip to Betty’s Tea Rooms for lunch. If you haven’t been there then you really need to! It is one of my favourite places and it feels like you have stepped back in time! I was a bit naughty and picked up a few things there too:
- Caudalie Must Have Set £22 – I was running out of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and despite saying it was a bit of ‘does nothing’ product, I still wanted another bottle! The beauty elixir on its own is £11.50 but this set was £22 and included a few other products! Inside the set is the beauty elixir, a lip balm, a hand cream, moisturising sorbet and a cleansing milk. I thought the little makeup bag and some of the minis inside would be great to take to New York and it was also great value for money!
- Ren Glow & Go Kit £14 (RRP £21.34) – The Ren 1 Minute Flash Facial has quickly become my favourite face mask ever and I have been wanting to try the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal face mask too so this set was perfect for me! It has 20ml of each face mask inside which is a great saving and I can’t wait to try it out! If you haven’t tried Ren face masks then I would definitely recommend them!
- H & M Hobo Bag With Fringes £24.99 PAID £19.99 – My Auntie got me this as my Easter present and I am in love! It is a small black bag with fringing and it is going to be perfect fro spring and summer. You can find it on H&M’s website here but randomly it was only £19.99 in store. I have had a bag like this from H&M before but the zip broke so I have been looking for a replacement for about 2 years! This is just perfect!
- Neom Burst of Energy – Intensive Energy Boosting Treatment £8 – I am not usually one to buy heavily scented things but this little roll-on smelt absolutely gorgeous! It has oils from Grapefruit, Lemon and Rosemary amongst others and is said to boost your energy as the scents are so invigorating. This was the other part of my Easter present from my Auntie Susie so thank you! I will be taking this to New York to use when I am feeling sleepy on the different journeys! If you wanted to pick it up, you can get it from the Neom website here.
- Primark Black Printed Mesh Trainers £12 – I picked these up to wear in New York as I never wear trainers and didn’t want to fork out over £70 for some Nikes. These actually look a lot more expensive than they were and I will wear them to the gym once I’m back too as the colours match all my gym gear, particularly the pop of orange. They were so comfy too so hopefully they will be good for when I’m walking miles whilst I’m away.
Total savings: £12.34
That’s all the bits and pieces I have picked up whilst I’ve been staying with my family in Yorkshire. I didn’t plan to spend this much to be honest but some things are for my trip and others were repurchases that I had run out of. Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?