I’m Back!! Long time no see hey? If you follow me on twitter or are a regular reader here, you will know that I jetted off to the states for a belated 21st birthday celebration with my friend Emily. We had an amazing time and I cannot believe that it is already over! So I may have gone a bit spend happy over there, but I had saved for ages and also, I have no idea when i’ll be back! Maybe it’ll be another 21 years (I hope not) so I thought I’d just enjoy myself! Most of the stuff I bought was makeup but I also bought some other bits and pieces so I thought i’d include it all together (I hope i’ve remembered everything!). I’ve tried to add links to everything if possible so if you see something you like you can find it!
- 15 MAC Eyeshadow Pans – I’ve finally got my own MAC palette! A whole post is coming on this soon so I’m not going into any details! I am completely in love though!
- MAC New York Apple Lipstick – A plummy-red with hints of shimmer that is definitely not my usual colour but looks lovely on. It is a frost finish which is not a finish i’ve tried before and I am pleasantly surprised! I plan to do a post on this to show swatches and a makeup look with it on.
- MAC Fix + Travel Size – Everyone and their mother goes on about this product so I thought it was time to give it a try. I have only used it a few times so far so I can’t really say what I think yet but it feels lovely and refreshing on the skin!
- MAC Strobe Cream Travel Size – A moisturising cream that works as a subtle highlight? Yes please! I love the consistency of this but again I haven’t tried it enough to pass judgement so watch this space!
- MAC Whirl Lipliner – A blogger and Youtuber staple made famous by Kylie Jenner, how could I not pick this up?! I have the lipstick and really wanted this to match and I’m so happy I did. If i were to have to decide, I would say this is lighter than the lipstick but only by a little but it goes on like a dream!
- MAC Nightmoth Lipliner – As dark as MAC lipliners go, this is so vampy and so not spring appropriate but I love it! I tried it out on holiday on it’s own with New York Apple in the centre of my lips and it was gorgeous! However, this has mainly been bought to wear with my Viva Glam Arianna Grande!
- Two Faced Melted Chocolate Lipstick in Chocolate Honey – I so wish I had bought more of these! They are a gorgeous liquid lipstick in a tube that has a lovely sponge applicator to make them easy to apply. This colour is a really nice brown-nude, a bit like Velvet Teddy I think, and it smells of chocolate!! What more could you want?
- Two Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Mini – I have never tried this mascara before but so many people have recommended it to me. I always like mascara minis as I get bored so quickly so I grabbed the smaller size rather than the full-size. I am so so impressed with this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look amazing – so long and full!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water Travel Size – If you watch Rachel Leary’s videos, then you’ll know she uses this loads in her videos and I had to give it a try. I find it such an interesting concept and I love spray face products so I picked this up. I love how quickly it dries on the skin and seems to leave a lovely surface for makeup to be applied to.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light Travel Size – Oh My God. I love this so much. I literally could have bought all of them in full size and don’t even get me started on their new strobing powders! However, I decided to try this one out first to see how it lasted on my skin. The miniature is so cute and I feel it will still last me a long time! The powder is so so soft and gives a subtle glow to the skin that I love. I can definitely see myself picking up the set of these in the future!
- Sephora Collection: Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer in 05 Parfait – I fancied giving something from the Sephora beauty range a go and settled upon this. To be honest, I think I could have gone a shade lighter but I can still work with it! It applies with a doe foot applicator, which I like, and so far so good on the product itself! It’s creamy and doesn’t look cakey or too heavy.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Mini – This is a repurchase for me, I love this mascara and needed to spend a couple more pounds to get my 100 point perk so I settled on this as I know I love it.
FREEBIES From Sephora
- Marc Jacobs Birthday Gift including Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Black – The lovely man who served me told me I could get my birthday gift now as I won’t be in the country in October! I was so happy when I realised that this was one of the options as I have been desperate to try the Marc Jacobs Beauty range! I have to say I LOVE both the products! The lipstick is so pigmented in just one swipe and is a lovely rose-pink shade. The formula is just so creamy and smooth! The eyeliner is one of the most long lasting I have ever tried! It is also so smooth to apply and is a proper black shade rather than that off grey colour you often end up with. I am so happy to be able to try these and I can see myself getting more in the future!
- Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Rosa Excelsa Fragrance Sample – I usually hate fragrances that I get samples of but this smells really nice! In my opinion it doesn’t smell of roses, or too floral in general actually but its nice and fresh!
- Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara Sample – This was my 100 point perk but I haven’t tried it out yet as I have a few mascaras already open. I did have a look at the brush though and it looks like it has potential!
- First Aid Beauty Samples of Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay & Skin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel Moisturiser – I’ve never tried First Aid Beauty and I have to say, I was kind of hoping these would be their exfoliating pads but hey ho, still a great chance to try out some of their products!
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk – A Youtuber staple that i’ve wanted to try for ages now! I’ve tried using this on my eyelids before my MAC eyeshadows and it just intensifies the colour so much! It is so creamy and pigmented for a cheaper brand and I actually want a couple of the other colours, particularly yogurt!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam – I’ve always wanted to try one of these and would have gone with one of the nuder shades if I hadn’t bought the Two Faced Liquid Lipstick. I was debating between Amsterdam and Copenhagen but the fact that we’re going into spring lead me to pick the brighter red-pink shade! I am so impressed with the formula and I feel like a few more of these may sneak their way into my makeup bag in the near future!
- Kate Spade New York Sailors Knot Stud Earrings in Rose Gold – I walked into the store on Madison Avenue looking to just browse and then I came across these! I love Rose Gold and these knot earrings just were the perfect sized studs for me. They will go really nicely with my Swarovski jewellery set when I want to wear studs instead!
Clothes & Shoes
- American Eagle Soft & Sexy Lace Up T-Shirt in Grey Marl – I’ve seen these in Topshop but I feel like they were cropped and I wanted a longer top. This one fits so beautifully and is really soft too! I am going to get so much wear out of this!
- American Eagle Double Buckle Sandals in both Taupe & Burgundy – I’ve never been able to warrant spending so much money on Birkenstocks despite always wanting a pair so when I saw American Eagles suede version, I had to get them! I was only going to get the taupe pair but they were on buy one get one 50% off so I couldn’t say no! The suede pair has rose gold buckles and the burgundy pair has nickel ones.
- Bath & Bodyworks PocketBac Hand Sanitizers in Champagne Sparkle, Cherry Champagne Toast & Island Margarita – I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with these and to see if they were nicer than my favourite Body Shop ones! The Champagne Sparkle one also has glitter in!!!
- Sephora Collection: Solid Brush Cleaner – I’ve wanted to try a solid brush cleanser for a while and this one looked perfect to use whilst I was away too. I love the fact that it only has a slight fragrance to it and it also comes with a silicone disk that helps you get all the makeup out of your brushes! I tried this out whilst I was away and I loved it! It was so effective and left my brushes so clean and soft!
I am officially on a no-buy for the foreseeable future now but I am so happy with everything I managed to get while I was away! Have you tried any of these out? If so let me know what you think!