Its empties time again and I can’t believe another month is done! April has been amazing for me so I am quite sad to see it end! If you’re not sure what I’m on about check out my update post! I’ve managed to finish up a good amount of products again and worked my way through a lot of miniatures to clear up some space which is proving to be good too! Here’s the roundup for this month:
FULL SIZED PRODUCTS
- Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It – Both my brother and I have been using this and it is really good for when your skin is super congested. After 11 days on holiday without exfoliating, my skin really needed this and the lovely menthol scent feels quite luxurious when you are using it. It is very gritty though so may not be good for dry or sensitive skin as it can dry your skin out a little. I would probably purchase this again in the future.
- BLEACH Silver Shampoo – I always used the Touch of Silver range but decided to give this one a try instead. It was nice but I don’t think it did the job as well as the other so I think I will go back to that one again. This is more money as well so saving a couple of pounds is never a bad thing.
- 4Head Stick – This is an absolute handbag staple for me. It really does help when you have a headache and is good for keeping it at bay until you can get some painkillers down you or just giving some extra relief. I already have another one in my bag!
- L’Occitane Almond Soap – This is actually an exfoliating soap which came as a surprise to me but it’s great to use on your legs and anywhere that you need to get rid of a little dry skin. The scent is my favourite from L’Occitane so that was an easy love for me! I don’t think I would go out an purchase it, but if it came in a gift set again like this one I wouldn’t complain!
- Nivea Pearl Beauty Deodorant – I picked this up to take to New York and it did the job fine. I do prefer my Dove one though so I won’t be picking this up again unless i’m going away as its smaller.
- Molton Brown Coco & Sandalwood Shower Gel (Not Pictured) – I always have high hopes with Molton Brown and always end up disappointed and this was no different. The scent was too floral for me and doesn’t match up to my Body Shop ones despite being a lot more money. I won’t pick this up again.
- L’Occitane Almond Hand Cream – The holy grail of the hand cream world! I have gone through so many of these and have 2 full size ones knocking around my room that will keep me happy for a while!
- L’Occitane Pamplemousse Rhubarbe Shower Gel – The scent of this was really nice actually, exactly what you would expect – a nice mix of Grapefruit and Rhubarb! I still prefer Body Shop’s though so as much as I like it it won’t be a repurchase.
- Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial – Another holy grail but this time of the face mask variety! This is a perfect quick refresher for your face when you can’t sit with a mask on for hours! I have bought this again along with another Ren mask so I should be satisfied for a bit longer.
- Clarins One Step Peach Cleansing Water – I have always liked this product from Clarins and have gone through quite a few bottles both big medium and small. I am currently three quarters of the way through a big bottle so expect to see that here soon. It is so light and refreshing and just removes the last dregs of makeup to leave your skin clear.
- Clarins Hydraquench Serum – This is my favourite serum of all time but it’s just so damn expensive. I can’t warrant the price at the moment but I think when the weather turns again in Autumn I will bite the bullet and just pick it up as it is so light and helps combat my dry skin spells!
- Clarins Hydraquench Moisture Cream (x2) – This has been my complete saving grace since I came home from travelling. The flight really dried my skin out and this helped to correct that. Coming into summer it is probably a little too heavy but I have really noticed the difference. Like the serum, I will pick this up again in the Autumn for an added moisture boost!
- First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser – This was a sample from Sephora and I had high hopes as I’d never tried anything by First Aid Beauty. To be honest it was nothing special. It was nice enough but there are definitely cheaper cleansers that do the same thing so I won’t be buying the full size of this.
- System Professional Smoothen Hair Mask (x2) – My hair dresser gave me these to take away with me and I honestly loved them! My hair looked and smelt like I had had my hair done at the salon. I’ve got some expensive hair products to wade through first but I would like to pick this up in the future as it worked well with my crazy curly hair.
- Body Shop Oils of Life Sleeping Cream – I saw Body shop launch this range a while back and never really thought much of it but I really liked this night cream! It was intensely moisturising without being greasy or heavy. This may be a good alternative to the Clarins cream as it is quite a bit cheaper!
- Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil – I’m a bit hit and miss with face oils but this one felt very luxurious and worked well with the sleeping cream. I don’t think I would buy the full size as I don’t think my skin needs it but the scent and the texture were really nice!
- SP Luxe Hair Oil (x3) – These were little samples to take away with me and one of the vials was enough for one hair wash for me but for shorter hair you could definitely get 2 or 3 uses from them. It has a lovely scent and didn’t weigh my hair down at all. I was really impressed and would consider purchasing the full size in the future.
- System Professional Colour Save Shampoo – I never really buy shampoos that protect your hair colour as I have never noticed any difference at all. This was a nice shampoo and lathered up well but I think I would try one more specified to my hair type itself than the fact my hair is coloured.
- System Professional Hydrate Shampoo (Not Pictured) – Of the two, this was definitely my preferred shampoo. I would buy this to go along side the smoothen mask, unless there is a smoothen shampoo (Which I have a feeling there is).
- Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Rosa Excelsa Perfume – At first I was unsure as to whether I liked this or not but the 5 or 6 wears I got out of this made me quite like it. I would say not enough to buy it as nobody commented on it at all whilst I was wearing it, but it was light and fresh which is what I look for in a perfume.
So those are all the bits I’ve hoarded for the month of April. What have you guys finished up this month? Have you tried any of these products? Leave me any empties posts below as I love to read them myself!