Last week I went to another fabulous event, this time with Urban Decay! It was held at a bar and restaurant in Nottingham called Revolucion De Cuba which specialises in cocktails and tapas style food! It’s a bar I’ve never been to before but the lure of cocktails and makeup drew me in and I found myself there spending even more money! I thought I’d write a little post today to tell you what I bought and also how I found the event!
The event was £10 a ticket and that included a free cocktail on entry, a goodie bag, makeup masterclasses, a salsa class and £10 off any purchase you made on the night so it was quite a bargain! The cocktails I has were absolutely delicious and clearly a little lethal as I did spend the middle of the night being a little ill!! I was feeling a little off anyway but I’m sure the copious amounts of mixed alcohol didn’t help! Anywho that little damper aside, the evening was so much fun and I went with my friend Lauren and some of the bloggers from the Notts Alzheimers Meetup!
The masterclass used the Naked 2 palette, which is one that I don’t own; the Moondust palette and the new Vice Reloaded Palette. Seeing as I have two out of three of those palettes, I really enjoyed watching the masterclasses, however I do feel they were slightly more ‘basic’ looks and that actually were aimed more at really beginners with makeup rather than makeup junkies. A tiny bit disappointing but enjoyable nonetheless. Sadly the girls were in a bit of a rush to end the event so it did seem to be over really quickly which was a shame as I’d like to have seen a few more daring looks rather than just an everyday smoky look. We did get a fab goodie bag though and I did make a sneaky little purchase so I thought I’d share that with you too!
- Naked Palette – This was what I bought on the night and for some reason only ended up costing me £22.50 through a little pricing error. Not complaining though!! I’ve wanted the original Naked Palette for ages now so I decided it was time to just jump on in and add it to my collection!
- Benefit Ka Brow – I really love brow products and Benefit’s new ones have been getting a lot of hype. This product is a pomade with a built in brush and is so so handy. I’m doing a full review soon but seriously, this is good stuff!
- Benefit High Brow Glow Pencil – I never thought I had a place for this in my makeup collection but boy was I wrong! It’s a under brow highlighting pencil and is the softest and creamiest formula! They do two colours, a pinky shade and a golden shade and I got the latter and I’m so happy with it!
- 2x Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Minis – An all time favourite of mine! So happy to have some back ups!
- 2x Urban Decay Primer Potion Selections – A staple in everyones makeup bag and these selections are always so handy!!
- 2x Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Samples – These little samples are a genius way to try the powder shades to see what’s right for you. They actually contain a decent amount of product too!
- Urban Decay After Glow Blush Trio Samples – Three lovely colours and two that are actually really daring! I can’t wait to try them! I used the lightest most wearable shade and was pretty pleased actually!
- Urban Decay Steal Our Look Sample – This contains 2 eyeshadows – Buck & Lounge – and a primer potion sample. The shadows are beautiful and buck is actually one of the matte browns from the Naked palette! Lounge is very similar to MAC’s club and is utterly beautiful!
- Urban Decay Shadow Samples – A little box containing samples of 7 different shadows ranging from neutrals to brights. A great concept and something I can’t wait to try!
- Urban Decay Travel Size Liner – I love Urban Decay Liners so this was a great thing to be included! It’s a lovely dark purple shade which will be lovely in the winter and with some of the purple shades of the Vice palette!
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Samples – This was an amazing freebie! It contains 24 of the new Vice Lipstick shades in handy little sample pods so you can apply them with a lip brush. I have only tried the shade EZ so far which is a beautiful red/orange and I’ve used it three times and I have at least another 3 uses from the same colour which is great. This should last ages and includes all the formulas so I can give them a good try!
- Benefit Porefessional Mask – These are quite new to the benefit range and something I am quite intrigued by! I’ll keep you posted on this one!
- Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream – I’ve always liked this eye cream so I’m happy to have another little sample of it. It’s light and refreshing and soaks in nicely! Definitely worth trying if you are similar age to me and in the market for a new eye cream!
- Benefit It’s Potent Moisturiser – Again, a really nice light product and something I have used before. I will happily use this up over the next few weeks.
I managed to get a lot of great goodies and the event was so much fun! Nicola, Lauren and I stayed for dinner after and I had a lovely night! Thanks to the Debenhams Urban Decay ladies for hosting the event and I can’t wait to attend some more in the future! What do you think of the goodies I got? Have you been to an Urban Decay event? Which product catches your eye the most?