I don’t really buy hard copies of books anymore as I have my kindle and I don’t really have the space or the money for hard copies. However, I do get books passed on to me from my Mum that I have on my to-read shelf but often get forgotten about in my mad loving kindle stages! I thought I’d write a post on the ones I still have to read so it will encourage me to read them!
- Us – David Nichols – From the Author of One Day comes another romantic novel. I love romance so this is the book I am aiming to read first. I loved the book One Day so hopefully this will be a good one too! It is about a husband trying to stop his marriage from failing which already sounds like it could be a bit sad! Fingers crossed for no tears!
- Me Before You & After You – Jojo Moyes – These books have been talked about by everyone and I really need to get round to reading them! I feel like there could be lots of tears with these books so I need to read them when I’m not around everyone!!
- We Need To Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver – I purchased this ages ago and I’ve always put it off as I think it could be a bit heavy going but I still want to read it as I’ve heard its really good and quite hard hitting! Once I’ve read it I want to watch the film too as that looked good but also a tad creepy!
- Go Set A Watchman – Harper Lee – I am a huge lover of To Kill A Mocking Bird so I was desperate to get my hands on this book but I’ve yet to read it! This needs to be rectified soon as I want to know more about the story!
- Birdsong – Sebastian Faulks – I watched the TV adaptation of this many years ago now and I vowed that I would read the book to get a real feel for the story. I feel like I started it at some point and then got side tracked so I really need to pick it back up, start again and finish it this time!
There are many more books on this mystical to read shelf but I thought I’d start with these and be realistic as to what I can finish in a reasonable time! Would you like to see a review on these once I’ve finished them? Have you read any of them? What do you think of them? Would you like this type of post to be a regular feature here on the blog?