How on earth is August over already?! Where is this year going? This month has been another busy one for me as I finished my internship, worked at the university, travelled to Brussels and increased my cocktail consumption ten fold. Safe to say it was another good month! Naturally I have my monthly empties post for you today and as per usual, there’s a decent amount of stuff in the box again!
- WOW Luxury Face Mask – I received this in my Glamour beauty box and wanted to give it a go before I went away to Brussels. It’s a sheet mask, something I’ve never used before, and aims to reduce wrinkles, pores and revitalise skin. Now clearly I don’t have wrinkles yet but I notice my skin looked more radiant and smooth. I still could never justify £14 for one sheet mask though so this won’t be being repurchased!
- Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream – I think i’ve been through two or three of these now and I always really like them. It’s nourishing without leaving your skin feeling greasy and soaks in quite quickly. I feel like it’s time for a change though so I think I’m going to look for something else next rather than repurchase yet again.
- Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (Sample) – I love Clarins but I don’t like this product. There are much better cleansers on the market so I won’t be buying this in full.
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – I got this in the Cult Beauty box and rushed to try it out as it’s been on my wish list for a while now. It is a lovely cleanser with a beautiful spa-like scent to it, however, in my opinion, it doesn’t perform any better than the Body Shop Camomile Cleanser and therefore I won’t be buying this again as the Body Shop cleaner is about a third of the price!
- Merumaya Exfoliating Toner (Sample) – This was one of the little samples in the #NottsAlzheimersMeetup goodie bag. I’ve never tried Merumaya before so I decided to take this to Brussels with me to try it out. I liked the scent and how lightweight it was but nothing really wowed me about it so I won’t be purchasing the full size.
- Aurelia Serum (Sample) – I bought the little travel set from Aurelia as I had a money off voucher and this and the next item were part of it. You got a reasonable amount of product in the sachet and it smelt divine!! I liked the way this made my skin feel but it is quite expensive and I have a few serums to go through so I won’t be buying it in the near future.
- Aurelia Night Cream (Sample) – This was the perfect amount for my two night trip and I loved how nourishing it was on my skin. However, at £52 a tub this is just too far out of my price range at the moment and not something I can afford to keep in my skincare routine!
BODY & HAIR:
- Body Shop Vineyard Peach Shower Gel – I always pick this up when the Body Shop sales comes around as it is such a gorgeous fresh scent. I love peach scented things and this is just so light and refreshing that you can get a little bit over the top with the amount you use!
- Body Shop Passion Fruit Shower Gel – Another Body Shop sale only product and again something I always pick up. This is a lovely fruity scent and even Tom really enjoys using these! As always, I use them as bubble bath too which probably explains why I run through them so quickly!!
- Keune Care Line Shampoo – This was a really nice shampoo actually! It lathered up nicely, didn’t dry the ends of my hair out and lasted a really long time as a little went a long way. The only thing I hated was the packaging as it did tend to leak a little bit! I have quite a few shampoos to use up at the moment but I would definitely consider it again in the future!
- Smash box Primer Water – I got this as part of my American Haul back in April and I have used it quite frequently since so it does last a reasonable length of time. However, I just don’t know whether it did anything as a primer really. I enjoyed using it and it was nice and refreshing but I can’t say it kept my makeup on any better really. This won’t be a repurchase sadly.
- Benefit Porefessional (Sample) – I always have these lying around from Benefit gift sets that I’ve received. It’s not my favourite primer but it’s not a bad one really either. I’ve never bought the full size and I can’t say that I will but I will keep using these little samples up!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (Sample) – I’ve never actually tried this foundation so when I received it in an Urban Decay goodie bag I was really excited. It’s quite a nice medium coverage foundation that I enjoyed wearing, but probably not enough to fork out for the full size.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer – I have gone through two of these now and I have really liked them. They blend it well and are nice and brightening. However, I have just bought the LA Girl Pro Conceal and I like that even more so I think this may be the last time I buy this one for now. Sorry Rimmel, I still love you!!
- Tarte Tarteist Mascara (Half Size) – Now this was a strange one, at first I hate it, it’s a plastic brush that is scratchy and I hate those and the lid didn’t twist on it just pressed in so the product dried on it loads. However, the more I used it, the more I actually liked it. I am sad to see it finished and although this one was very controversial for me, it has made me more intrigued to try other Tarte mascaras in the future so watch this space!
It was quite a good month for me this month on the empties front. Have you tried any of these products out? What did you finish off this month?