Last years ‘what I got for my birthday’ post was one of my most popular yet, so I decided to recreate it again this year as it was my birthday on the 9th October! I was clearly a very luck girl so there’s no bragging intended just some happiness sharing! I hope you enjoy and let me know what your favourite item was!
- MAC Liptensity Toast & Butter Lipstick – Hands down my new favourite formula of MAC lipsticks and an absolutely to die for colour! I definitely want to pick up Smoked Almond as that is just a lovely everyday shade. My mum did buy it so I can at least borrow it in the mean time!
- MAC Twig Lipstick – My brother picked this shade all by himself and boy did he do well. It’s a satin finish and i’d describe it as a cross between MAC Mehr and MAC Whirl! It’s going to be a great option for uni over the next few months and it’s even more special that he picked it!
- MAC Brave Lipstick – This is to replace my nearly empty tube of Brave! It’s my most worn as it’s just so easy to slap on and I love it!
- MAC Soar Lip Pencil – Finally a liner to match Brave and I think it’s dark enough to match Mehr too and probably Twig! Such a good every day liner colour that I am bound to get lots of wear out of!
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – I have only ever tried this once before I got it for my birthday and I have to say I’m really impressed. It’s more golden than some of my other highlighters but I really like the effect it gives!
- Stila Kitten Single Eye Shadow – I don’t think I have any shades that match this! It’s so shimmery and almost a bit frosty that it really is unique! I’m going to have lots of fun creating different looks with this!
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette – Be still my beating heart! This is fast becoming one of my favourite palettes! The colours are perfect, the pigmentation to die for and it smells like chocolate! What more could you ask for?! A full review will be on it’s way soon don’t you worry!
- Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick Mini in Outlaw – I begged Tom to buy the Love Me Beauty bag for my birthday so I could fill it with the gorgeous Kat Von D goodies! This is such a lovely textured liquid lipstick and the red shade is so true and vibrant! You honestly cannot feel this on your lips and it lasts a decent few hours too!
- Kat Von D Lipstick Mini in Magick – A great neutral shade that is in mini form which obviously makes everything better! It’s quite similar to Brave so I should get plenty of wear out of it an I love that the packaging is studded!
- Kat Von D Mini Eye Liner – The infamous Kat Von D liner! It has one of the most precise tips I’ve seen on a liner and is very pigmented! It’s going to take a bit of getting used to as it’s so easy to make a mistake but it lasts all day long!
- Ted Baker White Body Shimmer Soufflé – A bit of shimmer for the evenings coupled with moisturisation and some of the best packaging I have seen in Boots in ages! It really does feel pretty luxurious!
- J’adore Dior Perfume – My grandad loves buying me perfume and he knows this is my favourite so at least I can keep wearing it over the christmas period as my previous bottle is about to run out! This is my all time favourite I think!
- Topshop Embroidered Denim Skirt – I always love a denim skirt and sadly theres clearly a little bit more meat on the bone on my thighs this year so my previous skirt was a little snug. Thankfully mum saved the day by picking my this one up. It’s a bit different and I love it!
- Topshop Jamie Jeans – I don’t wear jeans every day but I love a good couple of pairs to wear particularly throughout winter. These are just a pair of dark denim high waisted jeans and they are exactly what I wanted.
- Topshop Cream Blouse – Mum has always picked nice outfits so she bought me this cream blouse with floaty sleeves to go with my jeans and my skirt. It’s so comfy to wear and the sleeves are different to anything else I have!
- Urban Outfitters Black Cord Dungaree Dress – I definitely wear dresses more than anything else so this dungaree dress is perfect. I have a light denim and a white one for summer but I needed some to wear with tights and boots. This is black cord which I love and also a bit baggy so it’s comfy to wear throughout the day! I couldn’t find a picture of this online sadly!
- Amazon Kindle Voucher – This was swiftly spent on books so I have been hibernating in my room reading for the last week and it has been brilliant!
- Coconut Lane Black Marble MacBook Case – This is exactly what I was looking for and has been complimented on by everyone who has seen it since. It’s a nice matte black marble case that fits my Mac and looks really sleek and stylish!
- Rose Gold Stud Earrings – I don’t really wear gold and I have plenty of silver studs so Rose Gold was the only pair I was lacking. These are perfect, not too big but not too small and perfect to be worn on their own in my first set of piercings or with my dangly rose gold earrings as a second set!
- Light Box – This was definitely an amazing surprise from my mum and I LOVE it! It’s a small light box that can be used as prop for blog posts. I honestly can tell you how much fun i’ve had with this already and you better be prepared to see quite a lot of this hanging around in the background of posts!
- Personalised Phone Case – Possibly one of my favourite gifts was a phone case with a picture of JJ on. He is just such a handsome dog and I am completely besotted with him so a phone case means he is always with me!
- Katie Loxton Clutch Bag – I spotted this when I was out with my Nan in her town and I knew I would get lots of use out of it as a nude clutch bag is something I have been lacking. It’s the same kind of textured leather effect as the Michael Kors bags and has ‘Girlie Goodies’ embossed into it in gold! It will go perfectly with my nude heels too!
- Feather Bracelet – My Nan picked me up a little feather bracelet that is said to make you feel more like a free spirit! We love little sentiments like this so I was really touched and I’ve worn it loads this last week
There were obviously other things like a mug, chocolates, money and prosecco etc but this post would have been way too long! Thank you to all my family and friends who treated me! I had a great day and I’m now hoping being 22 will be as good as being 21 was! Happy Birthday to anyone else who has had a birthday recently!