So if you can tell from the title, I’m attempting to do Blogmas this year! I’m not putting any pressure on myself so lets just see what happens. I have two advent calendars this year, the Look Fantastic one and a homemade calendar from my blogging pal Jay which was done as part of the Blogger Advent Calendar swap! I’m going to post each Sunday through December what I got for that week (or in this case part of the week) rather than daily as I don’t want to bombard you with advent calendar posts! Today’s post is a collective empties from the last two months and I’m pleasantly surprised at how much I’ve gone through!!
- Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask – The hype around this mask is beyond crazy and when I saw it on offer in my local Boots for 99p I just decided I had to pick it up. I’ve got to say, I was quite disappointed as I didn’t feel it really did much. I tried out some Korean Beauty masks I liked so much more so I’m going to be buying them instead. Not worth a repurchase in my opinion.
- J’Adore Dior Eau De Parfum – This is my go-to perfume and has been for a few years now! It’s sexy and feminine but not too sweet and I love wearing it. My Grandad always loves to buy me perfume as gifts so he has already replaced this for me.
- Dove Invisible Dry Deodorant – You know the drill with this one by now. I have loads of new ones to try that Tom bought home from work as samples so this may be on the back burner for a bit until I get through the mountain of deodorant I have at home.
- Ms Flow Mediterranean Fig Candle – This came in the Ms Flow Monthly box and despite not being a candle lover, this was subtle enough for me to enjoy burning without getting a headache. I hate spending money on candles though and I don’t even know if you can buy these on there own?!
- My Burberry Perfume Sample – A little Feel Unique perk from buying all my christmas presents! This was such a lovely perfume and was a little spicy smelling! I thoroughly enjoyed wearing it but I definitely felt it would suit my Nan more (don’t get the wrong idea by that, its a gorgeous perfume!) so I suggested she buy it so I probably won’t pick up the full size.
- Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream Sample – I’ve had so many of these over the years and despite being a lovely light eye cream, it’s never wowed me to buy the full size.
- Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer – This came from my American haul back in April and I definitely picked a shade that was a bit too dark. The texture was lovely though and it blended in nicely. Seeing as I can’t get it very easily I won’t buy it again but if you live near a Sephora, try it as it’s nice and pretty inexpensive.
- Shiseido Ever Bloom Perfume Sample – I didn’t even know Shiseido did perfumes but this one smelt lovely and fresh! No-one commented on it whilst I was wearing it though and that’s usually the sign of a good perfume so the full size will be staying in the shops!
- Aurelia Skincare Miracle Cleanser – Picked up in the Glamour Summer Edit box and reviewed here, this cleanser is a pretty pricy item and is a cream rather than the usual balm I go for. The scent is gorgeous and it made my skin feel lovely but I just don’t think I can part with that amount of cash at the moment. I’d definitely use it again though in the future!
- Lancôme Hypnose Mascara – The Lancôme mascaras are definitely some of my favourites and I’ve had the Hypnose version so many times now. It applies a great amount of product whilst adding volume and length. It’s pretty much perfect! I will definitely have another one of these in the future once I’ve used up some of my others!
- Ardell 318 Accent Lashes – I don’t really do lashes at all but these accent lashes from Ardell are perfect for false lash morons like me! They’re nice and fluttery and because they’re smaller they’re much easier to apply. I have another pair in my drawer but I will 100% be buying these again in the future.
- Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb Perfume Samples (x2) – I HATED this when I first put it on as it’s so so sweet. However, everyone commented on how lovely I smelt and Tom said I should definitely buy it. By the time I had finished up two samples I’d been won over and I’ve since added it to my christmas list.
- Oliver Bonas Pink Pepper Bath Marbles – A little birthday gift from one of my friends and a lovely relaxing and subtle scent for my baths. You do only get five in a packet though and I found two little bath bombs to be sufficient for me so a pack of six would definitely be better. A nice gift but not something I would buy for myself frequently.
- L’Occitane Amande Hand Cream – My favourite hand cream of all time! The lovely almond scent is dreamy and the lotion is thick enough to feel moisturising but light enough to soak in quickly. I have at least another two tubes in back up around my room.
- Clarins ‘Relax’ Bath & Shower Concentrate – My favourite bath product to date! This has some seriously amazing essential oils in that help to relax you without having a horrible lavender scent! I get out feeling a much calmer and happier human and for that reason I will continue to keep purchasing this beauty!
- Rituals Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel – I love the smell of this shower gel and the unique foaming action of it reminded me of hair mousse you used to use when you were a child! I’ve since bought a large bottle of this as I like the formula and the scent so much! I reviewed it here if you’re interested.
- Chanel La Solution 10 Sample – I’ve had this sample ages and to be honest I don’t think it really did much for me. It’s a face cream that only has 10 ingredients in it so is clearly aimed at people with sensitive skin. I don’t have that so I’m guessing it just wasn’t the right one for me unfortunately.
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation – This is the second bottle of this foundation i’ve finished up and I do really like it. My review of it is still one of my most successful posts and I would always recommend it to people who want a water based, light but buildable foundation. Worth the money and the hype and potentially something I would buy again in the future once I’ve used some more foundations up.
- No7 Beautiful Skin Exfoliator – I micro bead exfoliator in a cream base, not my usual preference and not something I would use again as there are two other exfoliators that I like a hell of a lot better. Plus all the negative press micro beads have been getting has really put me off using them!
- NYX Priming Spray – I love the idea of priming sprays and this NYX one was a hell of a lot better than the more expensive Smashbox primer water! I’ve got some regular primers to finish up and then i’ll be picking another one of these up! A great budget beauty option!
- Prada Candy Perfume Sample – Another Feel Unique sample and again another perfume that I enjoyed wearing. It was girly yet not overpoweringly sweet so I liked it but again probably not enough to purchase the full size.
- Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation Sample – Oh god I hated this foundation! I was so sad about this as I love Rimmel foundations in general but this literally disappeared in patches on my skin through out the day! Definitely not their best formula! Try out their Match Perfection instead as that is my absolute favourite or even their Lasting Finish for long wear!
- The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleep Mask Sample – Every time I go into the body shop I always poke my finger in this product as it’s so unique in texture! So when I got a sample I was so excited to give it a try. To cut a long story short, it’s horrible! It left my face so sticky that it actually stuck to my pillow in a matter of minutes and I had to prise my pillowcase off of my face. Just terrible.
- Esocare Coconut Oil – I used this to remove my makeup and wrote a post on the pro’s and cons I found with coconut oil. An interesting and more natural product however I wouldn’t switch from my regular cleansers as I found it more of a faff that usual!
- Eden Semilia Vitamin C Serum* – I was sent this to try and didn’t have massive hopes initially, however this was gorgeous! Such a lovely light serum that left my skin smooth and soft! I would definitely consider buying this myself as the texture was so light and didn’t clog my pores!
- Ms Flow Grapefruit & Jasmine Candle – Again thankfully another light scented candle! Enjoyable to use whilst it lasted but nothing incredible!
- Decleor Excellence Cream – This was very heavily scented and felt a bit too like an anti-ageing product which is pointless for me. I have another sample I think but after that I won’t be buying the full size as it’s just too weirdly scented!
- CoLab Sheer Invisible Dry Shampoo – I wanted to love the CoLab range as I adore Ruth Crilly, however I have tried the Volumizing range and now the sheer range and I don’t like either of them. They make my hair feel thick and laden with product and it just makes it feel horrible in general!
- Koya Beach Babe Scrub – I got this in the goodie bag from the #NottsAlzheimersMeetup and I loved it! The scent was to die for and reminded me of a caribbean cocktail or the tropical cooler from Costa!! It actually made me want to eat it! I don’t use scrubs that often and I have a mountain of them to get through but definitely something I would like to buy again in the future!
- MAC Brave Lipstick – I’ve finally finished my first ever MAC lipstick! Cue happy dance! Brave is such an easy to wear, everyday pinky colour and the satin finish means it doesn’t dry your lips out! Whenever I don’t know what colour to go for I always reach for this. I have had another one in back up waiting for this to finish so this tube will join my back to MAC pile whilst I relish using a brand new MAC lipstick!
- Nip & Fab Body Slim Fix – Picked up in a beauty box throughout the summer and despite being a lovely moisturiser, it did nothing for my minor leg cellulite like it claimed it would. I would imagine results are seen from prolonged use but this didn’t impress me enough to buy the full tube which is a shame as I adore Nip & Fab products!
Phew! We’ve made it to the end! That’s it for Blogmas day one and this long empties has reminded me why I normally do it monthly not every two months! Have you tried any of these products? If so what did you think of them? Let me know in the comments! Hopefully see you tomorrow if I can kick my bum into gear on the daily posting again!