Liquid lipsticks are everywhere at the moment and it wasn’t until I checked my collection that I realised I’ve actually tried a fair few! I’m going to be reviewing a few different ones today to help you decide on which one may be the best for you. I’m going to rank them on colour selection, price, dryness and longevity for you today with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. There are a good variety of prices and brands so there’s bound to be something for you!
- Colour Pop Ultra Satin Lip – The Colour Pop range in general has an amazing colour selection but my favourite formula, the satin finish has probably the least variety. For that reason i’ll give them a 3/5.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks – There’s 29 colours so I guess that’s a lot but for me there are a few too many nude shades. Again, probably a 3/5 as I expected some crazy shades from Kat Von D!
- Kylie Cosmetics – Although the number of shades is not as big as the Kat Von D range there are so many different colours that I have to give her a 5/5. Her shade range is quite unique and I think she’s done a good job with them!
- Jeffree Star – The same as with the Kylie range, Jeffree has a colour for absolutely everyone. There is no way you could criticise his colour selection. 5/5 for you Jeffree!
- Jouer Matte Lip Creams – Very nude toned which means you are sadly quite limited with this range. I like a good variety of colours to choose from and although nudes are nice once in a while, I don’t wear them that much. They do have some metallics so that’s great but its still sadly got to be a 2/5.
- Ps… Beauty – I only counted 6 shades available on their website sadly which is a really small selection, for me I think they’re great shades with a lot of brown tones in there but in reality thats a pretty crap amount. 1/5 for you primark!
- Stila Stay All Day – Some darks, some nudes, some brights and some metallics. A pretty good selection I would say! There’s no real out there shades unlike Jeffree Star and Kylie but a great selection for the conventional makeup buyer! 4/5!
- Too Faced Melted – There’s so many shades to choose from and they’ve even introduced a dark blue purple shade. I was spoilt for choice in store but some how ended up with a nude brown colour. 4/5!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams – An amazing colour selection for a high street budget brand, they seem to have thought of everything. There are some very similar shades though! 4/5!
- Colour Pop– At $6 each you can hardly complain! Such good value for money! They are a little more with shipping and duties but they still averaged out for me at about £6 each! 4/5!
- Kat Von D – For £16 these are definitely up there with some of the most expensive! 2/5.
- Kylie Cosmetics – These come in at $17 but if you take into account shipping too they feel a lot more expensive! I’m gonna say 1/5.
- Jeffree Star – At £16 these are on the pricier side of things but personally I think you do get what you pay for with these. Still got to be 2/5.
- Jouer – For £15 this does feel very small compared to the others and I feel that is quite pricy for what you get! 2/5
- P.s … – These are only £2. I repeat, £2! They are such a bargain and brilliant value for money! 5/5!
- Stila – Another one at £16, it seems reasonably high end brands seem to find this a good price point. Got to be 2/5 again.
- Too Faced – These are a hefty £19 which does seem like a lot of money! 1/5.
- NYX – These are the second cheapest at only £5.50 each, I do feel they are probably worth more than that so i’m going to give these 4/5 too.
- Colour Pop – This formula does not feel drying in the slightest, there’s no tacky feeling to it and it sets completely. 4/5.
- Kat Von D – This sets very quickly but doesn’t feel dry or uncomfortable, you can actually barely notice you’re wearing it! 4/5.
- Kylie Cosmetics – Hands down one of the worst offenders, it’s got to the point where i’m actually selling both of mine as I just can’t cope with the dryness! (If you are interested in True Brown K let me know) It has to be 1/5!
- Jeffree Star – A similar feel to the colour pop and the Kat von D lipsticks, this feels very weightless and not very drying at all! 4/5!
- Jouer – This is a pretty drying formula actually but not totally unwearable. 3/5.
- P.s … Pretty dry but again not as bad as others. Probably have to go with 3/5 again.
- Stila – Hell this one is drying! Not quite as bad as the Kylie ones but pretty damn close. Again one I’m planning to sell as I just can’t cope with it. Thankfully I only have one of these. 2/5.
- Too Faced – This is the only one that still feels like your lips are a little moisturised. Definitely my favourite formula and the most comfortable whether you have dry lips or not! 5/5.
- NYX – Another very comfortable formula that’s similar to some of the other good ones I mentioned. 4/5!
- Colour Pop – I was very impressed with the longevity of these! This satin formula lasted for ages! 5/5!
- Kat Von D – I had high hopes for this one but it didn’t last as long as I’d like and faired badly through food and drink. 3/5.
- Kylie – I can feel this flaking off as soon as I’ve put it on. Definitely the worst on my lips. 1/5.
- Jeffree Star – This has the best lasting power I think, it stayed put through a whole meal and drinks and also didn’t transfer! 5/5!
- Jouer – Like a lot of them this stayed round the edge but faded pretty quickly in the middle. 3/5.
- P.s… – This actually lasted pretty well, it faded evenly and didn’t flake. 4/5.
- Stila – This had a similar effect to the Kylie one whereby it flakes off due to it dryness. 2/5.
- Too Faced – Despite being the most creamy formula this lasts pretty well! 4/5.
- NYX – Against ordinary opinion, I don’t find these last that well at all, they seem to disappear on me in the centre of my lips within the hour! 3/5.
So how did they rank overall?
- Jeffree Star & Colour Pop – Joint with 16 points out of 20!
- NYX with 15/20
- Too Faced with 14/20
- P.s.. with 13/20
- Kat Von D with 12/20
- Stila & Jouer with 10/20
- Kylie with 8/20
Do you agree with my comments? Have you tried any of these before? Which one was your favourite?