Nothing gets you in the festive spirit more than a good Christmas movie! I’ve not managed to watch many yet this season and the majority of the ones I have watched don’t actually feature in the list. However, I am going for my top five, guaranteed to make you feel festive, christmassy movies that are probably about as predictable as you can get!
- The Holiday -Every time I watch this it just makes me feel so damn festive! I definitely prefer the English Christmas over the American one in this movie but regardless the sheer happiness of it all makes me feel so ready to celebrate myself!
- Love Actually – Tom and I are going to watch this tonight and I cannot wait! My favourite scene is the one where Alan Rickman goes to the department store to buy a present for his mistress and Rowan Atkinson makes this whole elaborate song and dance about it. Cracks me up every time!
- Arthur Christmas – Potentially one of the more controversial choices but I love it! It’s made by Aardman, the creators of Wallace & Gromit, and is so family friendly and just makes you realise what Christmas is all about! It reminds you of the excitement you felt as a child on Christmas Eve and it’s just generally a lovely film! I have actually watched this this year already and I’m not ashamed to say I saw it in the cinema when it was first released too.
- Miracle on 34th Street – An absolute classic that was actually released for my first ever Christmas back in 1994. Nothing says Christmas more than this and it’s just such a lovely happy story!
- The Snowman – I used to watch this every single year on Christmas Eve and it still makes me all magical inside. The music is beautiful and the story makes me both happy and want to cry every single time I watch it. When I have kids they will be forced to watch this yearly and just bask in how wonderful it is!
What are your favourite Christmas movies? Have you watched any of these yet this year?