Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you had a wonderful day and got everything that you wished for! Rather than one big post of what I was lucky enough to receive, I thought this year i’d just do a series of reviews and more in depth posts on the beauty items I got! However, if you like hauls, have no fear as I have done some sales shopping with the many gift cards I got and that will be a future post too! So today we’re talking about one of the Sephora Christmas gift sets, which my friend very kindly brought me all the way back from Vancouver! I was so excited and I can’t wait to share the contents with you all!
So what was inside?
- TARTE Tarteist Lip Paint in the shade Yaassss ( A bright purple)
- SEPHORA Rouge Cream Lipstick in the shade #49 Belly Dancing (A rose/red shade)
- Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in the shade An Affair (A deep plum/berry)
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Damned (A very dark almost black shade)
- Ciate London Liquid Velvet in the shade Head Over Heels (A bright fuchsia pink)
- Bite Beauty Matte Cream Lip Crayon in the shade Aubergine (A purple/red shade)
This a $28 set that features both full size and deluxe sample sized products. Individually, based on the ml included, these products would set you back:
- TARTE – $10 (3ml included, full size is 6ml for $20)
- SEPHORA – $3.13 (The smallest sample included which is approximately 1/4 of the full sized which retails for $12.50)
- Laura Mercier – $28 (This is full size!)
- Kat Von D – $9.10 ( This is just about half the full sized product which retails for $20)
- Ciate – $5.20 ( This is just under a third of the full sized lip product which retails for $19)
- Bite – $13.71 (This is just over half the full sized crayon which retails for $24)
TOTAL VALUE – $69.14
As you can see this is amazing value for money and the brands included are a really great range of current favourites! The colours definitely aren’t for the faint hearted, but a lot of them are actually way more wearable than you first may think! The brightest is definitely the TARTE one, closely followed by the Ciate but I adore every shade!
I have tested a few of these out and thought I would let you know my thoughts on the formula and the packaging. Starting with the TARTE Lip Paint, I was so so impressed! It has a really light mousse texture that just feels so comfortable on the lips! As a word of warning though, this doesn’t set and therefore is very smudgy! The colour ins divine though but it can make your teeth look a little yellow! The Sephora lip cream is the smallest sample, which surprises me as I thought Sephora would want to show off their own product the most! The colour is lovely but i’m yet to try the formula! I was so pleased to see a full sized Laura Mercier lipstick included as I’ve tried them in the past and really liked them! This one is so comfortable on the lips and has good lasting power, however it can go on a little patchy so apply a layer, blot and then apply a second and you’re good to go!
I’m so glad I’ve got another Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick to try and this time its a really dark shade. I do find the Everlasting Liquid lipsticks a touch drying but they do dry quickly and set to a lovely matte finish so I am excited to try this shade. Despite being a London brand, I haven’t tried the Ciate Liquid Lipsticks before. This shade is very pink but actually is more wearable than I had first thought. It also has a light mousse texture and reminds me of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams! I’m wearing this now and I can honestly say that it is incredibly comfortable, non-drying and has a lovely matte finish. If this is a long laster, it could be a new favourite formula! Finally, the Bite Matte lip crayon, hands down my favourite product in the set! The colour is gorgeous, the applicator is divine and the formula is beautiful! I’ve never tried Bite products before but when I go to America again next year I am definitely buying some more, if I can’t wait, a Sephora order is calling my name!
Everything about this set is brilliant! The colour selection is unique; theres a good range of brands and the packaging is super cute! For $28 you are getting an absolute bargain and it’s well worth the money! I only wish we had a Sephora here in the UK where I could buy more value sets as they are just amazing for your money! Did any of you manage to get your hands on one of these? Which product would you like to try the most?