I’m here today with another monthly empties post and in fact it’s my last of 2016! I’ve gone through a lot of skincare in December so i’ve got some new things to talk about and also things i’ve had in there for ages needing to be used up! I just wanted to say that i’m not sure how much i’ll be posting this month due to the dreaded exams but i’ll get posts up as and when I can!
- Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream – This was a huge 100ml tub I bought a while ago and i’ve been trying to use it up for a while now. It’s a nice moisturiser but does have a tendency to make you feel a bit greasy when you wake up. If you’re on a budget though and your skin is on the drier side then this is worth trying!
- Garnier Micellar Water – I’ve got to be honest and say I don’t really know what all the fuss is about! This is a nice product but definitely not a knock it out of the park skin care item. I only used this when I was feeling lazy or wanted a refresh and therefore don’t think it really has much of a place in my skincare routine.
- Coach Perfume Sample – This described itself as raspberry and vanilla and I immediately assumed I would hate it but I was very wrong! It’s a lovely girly fragrance without being sickly sweet and I really enjoyed using it. I have quite a few perfumes at the moment but I really want this in full size too!
- Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb Sample – I’ve had a few of these before and decided I really liked it! I have now got the full size so no more samples needed!
- Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk Eau de Toilette Sample – This wasn’t really for me. It was quite heavy and just wasn’t as light and fresh as I would like. I’d like to try some of their other fragrances out though as they sound lovely!
- Ole Henriksen Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths – The smell of these was absolutely divine, I can’t put my finger on what it was but it was gorgeous. The cloths themselves however, weren’t wet enough for my liking and I felt like I was rubbing at my face more than normal. They did however, leave my skin feeling beautifully soft so I really am on the fence with these, particularly as they are so expensive for face wipes!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation – I’ve had this in my makeup drawer for way too long as I think I stopped using it for anything other than nights out as it had no SPF in. Towards the end of the year though I decided I need to use up some of my foundations before they went off and I came across this again. I’m now so sad that it’s over as it’s a great foundation! It matched my skin beautifully and lasted all day. I can see another bottle being bought once a few more are done! In case I forget, I wear the shade 52 Vanilla!
- Aurelia Botanical Cream Deodorant Sample – Is it weird to say I loved a deodorant?! It smelt like rosemary and eucalyptus which I loved and it smelt like that ALL DAY! It was amazing! At £18 a tub it is crazily expensive so I think I’m going to hang on until summer before I buy the full size so it can unleash its full potential against the summer heat! If you are prone to getting a bit hot and sweaty though, this is brilliant!
- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme – I really liked this moisturiser! You can tell it’s more high end as it soaked in nicely and didn’t feel at all greasy. It was a nice mix of hydrating yet not overpowering my skin and it worked well. I have just bought an old favourite in terms of moisturiser though so I’m going to be using that up before I think of shedding more pennies on creams!
- Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Serum – I LOVED this! It made my skin feel so soft and the cooling gel like consistency was a dream to apply either morning or night. I did mainly use it at night though as I wanted it to have time to work. I will definitely consider picking this up again in the future! I just need to check my skincare box in case I have other serums to use up!
- Dove Invisible Dry Deodorant – An old favourite that I still love and will be purchasing once my ridiculous stash of sprays has run out.
- MAC Prep & Prime Sample – I always like this as a base as it feels so hydrating but I do wish it has slightly less glittery particles in although you can’t really see them through your foundation! I think I have another sample to go through so we’ll see how I get on!
- Sisley Day & Night Cream Sample – I did expect high things from this seeing as it’s such an expensive brand, however it wasn’t really moisturising enough for me and I found my dry patches started to come back slightly. A lovely product to use but just not right for me personally.
- Bare Vitamins Skin Rever -Upper – This is a primer and skincare item in one and to be totally honest with you, it did nothing for my skin. It smelt weird and I didn’t particularly enjoy using it and I think its reasonably expensive too! Not really sure what it’s purpose is and I won’t be using it again.
What did you finish up in December? Have you tried any of these before? If so what did you think?