How the actual hell is it February already?! This month has absolutely flown by and I’m now into my final semester at uni EVER! I checked me empties box this evening and I’m actually really impressed with how much is in there! There was a lot of shower gel, clearly I had to wash the exam nervous sweats away a lot but there was some makeup items too which seem to be very few and far between normally! Here’s what I went through:
BATH & BODY
- The Body Shop Spiced Apple Shower Gel – Aka the best scent in the world!I seriously stocked up on this this Christmas as it is sweet and spicy at the same time! I use it as bubble bath and it works just as well as the others I own and fills the bath with it’s lovely scent! I have multiple backups so hopefully it should last me a while!
- Rituals Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel – I love the scent of this and this bottle lasted me forever! However I can’t help feeling it is more of a summer fragrance as it’s so fresh. It’s quite invigorating and awakening so not great for nighttime use which is when I normally have my showers in the winter! I can totally see me picking up another bottle of this during the summer months though as it’s very luxurious to use and reminds me of a spa!
- REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash – I hate the scent of rose normally as it just reminds me of grandmas or old peoples homes. However, I loved this shower gel as it seemed to put a modern, fresh twist on the rose scent. The consistency was much thinner than I was expecting but it lathered up well and I really enjoyed using it! Once I wade through my huge pile of shower gels I’ll probably pick up the full size of this!
- Marks & Spencers Beauty Christmas Foam Bath – I got this in my blogging advent calendar and I really liked using it! The little snowman lid was really cute and it created loads of lovely bubbles. However it was seriously glittery and I got into lots of trouble with Mama TRBF for our bath being covered in sparkles! Definitely makes a cute little gift or stocking filler though!
- Marks & Spencers Beauty Christmas Bath Fizzers – Another advent calendar gift which looked seriously adorable as it was three little bath bombs in christmas cracker packaging! Unfortunately these had no scent nor did they contribute bubbles to the bath. I was kind of sad actually as I expected more from Marks & Spencers but hey ho, you win some you lose some!
- Deonica Aloe Vera Natural Protection Deodorant – Tom got given numerous cans of Deonica deodorant at work so he brought them home to me to save me having to buy some for a while. This was one of the fragrances I liked the best initially but I’m gonna be blunt here, it’s shit! From the second I put it on I already felt sweaty and uncomfortable! I knew I shouldn’t have strayed from my trusty dove! I have a few cans to get through of different fragrances but it’s safe to say i’ll never be actually buying them again!
- Sweet Cecily’s Elderflower & Almond Hand Cream – I feel like I had this tub on the go for ever! It was a really nourishing formula that was all natural and made in the UK which I loved. However, I didn’t really like the scent as I found it a bit sickly and not at all like the two ingredients I expected it to smell like. It was nice, but not something I’d buy again, especially not in place of my beloved L’Occitane Amande hand cream!
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in the shade Fair 3 – I am definitely getting somewhere with my foundation finishing mission! I am quite sad to see the back of this one as it looked lovely on the skin and lasted well all day. It was buildable and easy to blend and i’ve written a full review here. However, there is definitely at least half a centimetre of product left at the bottom that I just cannot get out and i’m really disappointed, especially as it’s nearly £30 a bottle! I think i’m going to hold off buying another bottle for the time being but I did love how it worked on my skin.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer – I can’t believe i’ve finished a bronzer off, that is honestly the first time that has ever happened! I do use this every day though and I also use it as a transition colour for my crease! I’ve got another box this size and then one pan in a palette so i’m well stocked for a while thank god!
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – I must be the only person in the world that doesn’t like this mascara! I find the wand so scratchy and my eyes kill when I use it as I always end up poking myself! It’s a shame as it does lengthen lashes well but it adds no volume! I definitely prefer Benefits Roller Lash which provides both length and volume!
- MAC Fix + – I always use this to wet my brush when I want my shadow to pack an extra punch! This bottle has lasted me since April last year so it was a good little investment. However, the spray nozzle on this is utter rubbish! It blasts out in spurts rather than a fine mist so half of it misses my brush and if I use it to set my face it leaves big droplets everywhere. It’s a shame as I quite like the product. I definitely prefer the Urban Decay All Nighter spray for setting my whole face though. I may pick another small bottle at some point but I’m not going to race out and get one.
- Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme – I love the Nip & Fab Glycolic fix pads but these were definitely no better than the regular ones. Apparently these have a stronger concentration of acid in but I definitely didn’t notice that myself so next time i’ll probably just go back to buying the regular pads!
- Bioderma Sample – I must be the only blogger that had never tried Bioderma so when I got this sample in my Feel Unique pick and mix I was excited! I’ve never found a Micellar water that i’ve gone crazy over, until now! I loved how this made my skin feel and it took my makeup off like a dream! I might cave and buy the full size as I really fell in love with this, even from this tiny 10ml sample size!
- Ole Henriksen Feather Weight Moisturiser sample – I didn’t like this at all. It smelt weirdly like playdoh and I just don’t feel like it did anything for my skin. Definitely wouldn’t buy it!
- Tonymoly Sheet Masks – I used up the Tea Tree (Skin Soothing), Aloe (Moisturizing), Rice (Clear Skin) and Red wine (Pore Care) varieties. I love the tea tree and aloe ones but I didn’t really think much of the others! The red wine was definitely my least favourite as it smelt really weird and just didn’t stick to my skin at all! I’m still on the fence about these masks but for the price I guess they’re okay! See here for a slightly more in depth review of them!
- This Works Deep Sleep Plus Pillow Spray – I normally hate the smell of lavender but weirdly I really liked the scent of this! I started off with just a few sprays to get myself used to it and then I progressed into more as I realised I didn’t hate it! I’m going to say I actually thought this worked reasonably well, which surprised me no end! I used it quite frequently during my exams and I definitely felt myself become more relaxed so I could get to sleep easier. Would I buy the full size? I’m really not sure as it’s over £20 and I just think that’s ridiculous, however I did like it more than I thought so maybe I will do at some point, especially around summer exams!
Those are all the bits and pieces I finished off in January. What have you finished off this month? Have you tried any of the things I’ve mentioned? If so what did you think of them?