I know that February is a short month but seriously, where did the time go?! We are already in march which means that spring is well and truly on the way, the nights are getting lighter and the temperature is slightly warmer! Of course, the end of another months means its empties time again here on the blog and I managed to go through quite a few things again this month that I wanted to share with you all!
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara – I received this in a Latest In Beauty box in Summer last year and it remained in the drawer for a while as I was finishing off a few mascaras. I really don’t know how I feel about this mascara, I mean it wasn’t bad; it didn’t clump my lashes; it didn’t run or smudge and it had a nice dark colour. However, it just didn’t wow me so for that reason I probably wouldn’t buy it again.
- Wella Oil Reflections Shampoo – This was in my Look Fantastic advent calendar and was a nice addition to the items! It lathered up nicely and felt nourishing rather than being stripping like some shampoos. All in all I thought it was nice but I didn’t notice enough of a difference from my regular shampoos to warrant me buying the full size.
- Deonica Clean Fresh Deodorant – It would not be an empties post without a deodorant being included! This one was definitely better than the last Deonica one I had in another empties post but still not better than my beloved DOVE one! Still got a fair few cans of this left to go though so I must soldier on!
- Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel – Again, if I didn’t have at least one body shop shower gel in my empties post would it even be an empties? This one is the Sweet Lemon scent that only gets sold when there’s a sale on. To be honest this is one of the first scents that I wouldn’t buy again! It didn’t really remind me of a lemon at all and the texture was very very thick and gelatinous so not one I would reach for again sadly!
- Witch Daily Primer & Clearing Serum – I’ve seen a lot of people talk about this as I think it was in a blogging goodie bag at a few different events! This was in my goodie bag from the #NottsAlzheimersMeetup and I finally got round to using it! I loved the feeling of it on my skin as it was so thick and luxurious and soaked in beautifully. I definitely didn’t notice any difference with my skin though and to say it’s a primer, I didn’t really feel like my make up wen on particularly nicely afterwards. It’s a shame as I loved the look and feel of the product!
- No7 Nude Lipliner – This is the best nude lip liner I have ever found. The colour is a perfect neutral brown shade and it glades on like a dream! It was only after I bought it that I found out that Lisa Eldridge recommends it too! It’s a great retractable pencil that also has sharpener at the end and to top it off, it’s only £7! I will be buying another of these in the future!
- Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil – I love The Body Shop cleansers and I’ve been through one of these oils before and I still enjoy using it. However, I don’t think that the oil is as good as the Cleansing Butter which is my holy grail cleanser! If you prefer an oil texture then I would 100% recommend this but I think I will be repurchasing the butter rather than the oil personally!
- Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Wipes – I HATED these! The smell was absolutely vile, they were very dry the took no makeup off nor did they do anything good for my skin. A real fail of a product for me!
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Mini in 01 – This is my favourite natural lip product ever and I’ve been through a couple of these minis before and a full size tube. If you don’t like wearing lipstick but want to try something more than carmex or vaseline then buy one of these, you will not regret it!
- LUSH Lover Lamp Bath Bomb – I have a whole review on this here but to cut a long story short, I loved this and would 100% buy it again!
- Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask – This is the second time I’ve had one of these masks and they are really enjoyable to use. They stick to your face nicely, feel soothing and hydrating and are incredibly cheap to pick up, sometimes even under £1. My only issue is that I don’t feel they really do masses for my skin, however I would keep buying them for the price and the feel!
- Face Inc Instant Detox Sheet Mask – I got both this mask and the Garnier one from the CrossEyes event and I was desperate to try this new venture from Nails Inc. I can honestly say that this is the best fitting sheet mask I’ve tried and doesn’t gape or sag or crinkle anywhere on the face which is perfect! It’s packed full of serum and was really enjoyable to use. My skin felt lovely afterwards but like with most sheet masks, I never really felt a huge difference! Would definitely buy it again as a treat though!
That’s it for this month’s empties, I already have two in my box for next month which is pretty good going seeing as it’s only the 2nd of March! What did you finish up this month?