I feel like with all the trips I’ve been going on recently, I’ve not been on top of my empties posts! However, when I checked my box at the end of July I did find quite an array of items I’d finished up and thought it was time to fill you all in on them!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – I finished up both a full size (118ml) and a tiny travel size (15ml) of this! It is definitely my favourite setting spray and I have since purchased the medium sized bottle (30ml) to keep me going. I’ve also saved the bottles of these as I like the spritz on it and will be decanting my new Rimmel setting spray (review to come) into them as I HATE the bottle that one comes in!
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer – I got this last year when I went to Lily & Anna’s event in Liberty’s. Having heard great things about this primer I was certainly eager to try it! I have to say it feel very silicone based and I didn’t notice a significant difference to my makeup when I used it. To say the full size is £55 and even the travel size is £20, I probably wouldn’t buy it myself.
- Nude By Nature Translucent Loose Powder – I got this as part of the Feel Unique Sample Service and I really really liked it. It’s such a finely milled powder and bakes concealer like a dream! I’ve noticed a huge difference with my concealer not creasing too! I have bought the full size for quite a substantial sum of £22 but i’ve since tried the MAC one (which I used for my graduation) and I do think I prefer that. Damn it! I will use it up but I do think my heart now lies with the MAC Prep & Prime one.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Balm (Travel Size 15ml) – I love balm cleansers and this one is such a lovely formula. There is no real scent to it which I like and it feels gentle on the skin. It neither strips the skin, nor does it leave a horrible residue. I have quite a few cleansers to wade my way through before I start buying more but when I do, I’ll be picking up a full sized tub of this. Thankfully I do have one more travel sized tub in my stash to keep me going for now though!
- Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser (Travel Size 30ml) – Is it possible to hate a cult favourite moisturiser? I certainly do with this one! The formula is just horrible in my opinion and leaves such a vile sticky feeling to the skin after it’s dried down. I also find it randomly bobbles off my skin after a while which is just not pleasant. I also don’t feel it really moisturised my skin?! Safe to say, this one won’t be purchased and i’m glad that it’s finished!
- LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty (Not Pictured) – I finished up the whole tub of this pretty quickly and it’s going to be firmly in rotation through my skincare from now on. I absolutely love it and found that it brought my spots to a head quicker and just generally cleared my skin up. I’ve got a few masks to use up at the moment so i’m banning myself from buying it, however I will be repurchasing in the future!
Bath, Body & Hair:
- The Comforter Shower Cream – Why is it, that I find a product that I love and the brand discontinues it?! This is one of the nicest shower products i’ve ever used and bloody LUSH have gone and discontinued it! It’s already off the website and I only got this in May from the LUSH event! Safe to say i’m in a grump about this one!
- The Body Shop Spiced Apple Foaming Bath – This is another one that’s been discontinued, although I knew this at the time as it’s one of their Christmas scents! I’ve dragged this one out as long as I can and now I’m down to just the shower gels. If they bring it back at Christmas, I’ll definitely be repurchasing as the scent is divine!
- St Tropez In-Shower Gradual Tan (50ml Travel Size) – This is one of the only tans I actually get on with and the only one that’s never caused disasters! I’ve been through quite a few of these mini samples as they were in magazines and subscription boxes aplenty at one point but now i’m down to one travel size and two full size so I should be stocked up for a while!
- Chanel Chance Eau Tendre Perfume Refill – I had one of these in my last empties too and i’ve been using this so much as it’s just so handy for travel! The little cartridges are 20ml each and fit in a small handbag friendly dispenser. I love all of the Chance fragrances so I like using this one for every day. I’ve only got one cartridge left now so i’ve switched to a different perfume (my old fave J’adore Dior) for the time being just so I don’t get too used to the scent and I can enjoy the last refill!
- Deonica Fragrance Free Deodorant – This was very weird as there was no scent to it apart from that subtle alcohol scent. All in all i’ve not been very impressed with any of the Deonica deodorants and i’m pretty happy to be back to my old faithful Dove stick. I think I have one of these left for emergencies at Tom’s house but after that I won’t be picking up any more.
- Bumble & Bumble Don’t Blow It Hair Styler (15ml Travel Size) – I don’t like using heat on my hair so I did have high hopes for this product but unfortunately, I really don’t think it did anything at all! I’m on the search for a good heat-free frizz prevention product though so if you know of any, let me know!
Packets & Wipes:
- Tony Moly Pomegranate Sheet Mask – I’ve been pretty disappointed with the Tony Moly masks to be honest and they’ve been threaded through empties for a few months now. This one was one of the most ‘moist’ ones i’ve tried and I did like it for that, but it literally never dried! I found the serum was dripping down my neck for the half an hour I had it on my face and it was still soaking afterwards. This one did fit better which was good but again, I don’t think it really did anything. Shame really as they are such good value!
- Simple Kind To Skin Wipes (7 Wipe Travel Pack) – Mum always grabs me some of these before I go on holiday and I feel like Simple skincare has seriously improved since I used it when I was younger. These don’t feel at all drying and are wet enough to do a good job at removing makeup! These will be a repeat purchase for holidays as they are just so handy.
- No7 Beautiful Skin Wipes – I always had a pack of these lying around for lazy nights when I couldn’t be bothered to remove my makeup ‘properly’. However these had been in a drawer at Tom’s way too long and the last 5/6 had dried out completely. It’s a shame as they are bloody expensive at £7 a pack. I always preferred these to Simple’s as they were wetter but now that Simple have upped their game, I think I’ll revert back to those in emergencies!
- Kiehls Calendula Herbal Extract Toner Sample – I’ve always found Kiehls skincare to be okay but nothing that stood out massively. However, I did really like this toner as it was more of a thicker consistency and hence not at all drying or stripping. Saying that I honestly have about 5 toners to use up so I won’t be purchasing any new ones for a while!
- L’Oreal Pure Clay Purity Mask Sample – Thanks ASOS for adding this into my order! I’ve been meaning to try these masks for ages and I’m pleased to say I wasn’t disappointed! This one aims to cleanse and mattify and I would say that my skin looked both clearer and more matte after this! My skin isn’t particularly shiny though so I think if I bought the full size it would be of the blue one (the one specifically for spots) as I think i’d get the most benefit out of that! My only gripe with this one is it did dry very stiffly on the face which very quickly became uncomfortable!
- L’Oreal Mythic Oil Hair Mask Sample – I pretty much use a hair mask every time I wash my hair as it’s quite coarse and doesn’t get greasy that often. I really liked this one and although I forgot to put my regular oil in my hair after this, I found that it still felt nourished and hydrated! I’d definitely consider buying the full size, especially as its only £14 on Look Fantastic!
I feel like i’ve finished off quite a good range of products at the moment and it’s helping towards my declutter! I am still trying to get rid of things at the moment so take a look at my Depop page if you’re feeling nosey! My username is @therosebeautyfiles! What have you finished off this month?