Yep, I did it again… I left my empties to build up over two months. Damn, I really should have learnt from my mistakes! Either way, here I am with a mountain of products to get through so i’m going to cut to the chase and get started!
- Wilko’s Dry Shampoo – just as good, if not better, than brands like Batiste but for only £1 a can. I use the one for all hair types but there’s also fragranced, volume and brunette varieties up for grabs! I will continue to keep buying this but I’m contemplating trying a fragranced one next time too!
- Mark Hill MiracOILous Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner minis – these came in a set from Christmas last year and I used them up whilst travelling. I actually quite liked them and they worked well with my hair. I wouldn’t say no to buying them again and the 50ml sizes were ideal!
- Kérastase Lait Vital – this is the conditioner from the nutritive range and it’s okay. I personally like something a bit more heavy duty for my hair so this wasn’t really worth it for the price for me at £18.50. The mask is definitely better than this so I would buy that again instead. However if you don’t need something so nourishing then this may be suitable for finer hair!
Not a category i’ve ever had before but I had two products so thought why not. The first one is something I’ve had for a VERY long time and that’s the No 7 Makeup Brush Cleanser. It comes in a pump dispenser and it’s really handy for spot cleaning or wiping down products. I really like it actually and I would consider buying it again although I do fancy trying the MAC one out too! The second product is the Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner and I absolutely love this. I bought a replacement when I was last in the states and I find that this works wonders at deep cleaning my brushes and it also does a great job on my beauty blender too!
- The Body Shop Spiced Apple Shower Gel – I’m sad to say that I believe this was the last bottle I’d hoarded away in my collection. However, I think this might actually be back in stores for this year so I will be heading off to replenish my shelves any day now thank God!
- Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit Luxury Body Wash – How anyone can call this luxury is beyond me. Possibly the worst body wash i’ve ever used, the texture was like someone had watered down a regular shower gel and there was absolutely zero scent to it. Never buying this again in a million years.
- Aveda Stress-fix Body Lotion – there’s still actually product left in this but I hate the smell so much I can’t use it. It’s very strongly lavender based and it lingers for ages on the skin. From what I did use, a little does go a long way so if you like lavender then this may be for you but it’s 100% not for me.
- Dove Invisible Dry Deodorant – An old faithful that I will keep repurchasing in between my attempts at branching out to other contenders.
- L’Occitane Amande Hand Cream – firstly, my sleepy brain has included this in the ‘makeup photo’ oops! This is my favourite hand cream ever and I can’t think how many tubes i’ve been through. I would seriously cry if this was ever discontinued! I think I have at least two back ups but this always gets repurchased.
- J’Adore Dior Edp 30ml – This is probably my favourite perfume ever and I was honestly so sad that it ran out. With Christmas coming up, i’m not going to replace it myself but it will be top of my list this year. My Grandad loves buying us perfume so i’m sure he’ll be chuffed to go along to Boots to pick this up (seriously his Boots points are off the scale after buying for us all!!).
- Avril Cosmetiques Cleansing Oil – I’ve written a whole post on Avril here, but to keep it brief, this is a nice light cleansing oil that gets every last scrap of makeup off with minimal effort. I liked that it was scent free and didn’t leave a residue on the skin, definitely a product to consider if you like natural products!
- Figs & Rouge Hydra Active Smart Nutrient Day Cream – I’m pretty sure I was given this by a fellow blogger to try and sadly I didn’t really like it. To say this retails for £28 full size (50ml) this felt like that Diprobase cream you’re given when you have eczema! It was really greasy and even smelt the same and even though my skin can be quite dehydrated, this was wayyyy too much! Quite glad to see this go to be honest!
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Clearing Facial Wash – This was quite handy just to have in the shower when you wanted to quickly wash your face, especially with the pump dispenser. I didn’t really find it kept my skin any clearer but it was a cheap and cheerful product. My brother actually ended up using it and he’s 16 so maybe he’s more the target market for it. Not bad but I don’t think i’d buy it again.
- Sanctuary Spa Ultimate Cleansing Oil – As cleansing oils go, this was not too bad although it had a bit of a weird smell that I wasn’t a fan of. It did the job of removing my makeup but not as well as other cleansing oils so I probably wouldn’t pick up the full size.
- Lancôme Hydra Zen Moisturiser – I really really loved this product and the night cream that was featured in my last empties. However, they are so bloody expensive that I just don’t know whether I can justify it! They really did work well with my skin though so now that i’m working, perhaps I just need to suck it up and buy them!
- Too Faced Hangover Face Primer – I had seriously high hopes for this primer after everyone and their mother went on and on about it. For me though, it was just like adding another moisturiser to my face and it didn’t really do much ‘priming’. It left my face feeling hydrated so maybe that’s why they’ve likened it to a hangover cure as it did give my skin a boost when it felt dehydrated. However, I don’t think it kept my makeup on any longer nor did it make it apply any better so I don’t think i’ll be repurchasing this again any time soon.
- L’oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara – I had actually planned to do a whole review of this mascara but with starting work, it’s actually dried up before I got the chance! This has been hyped up by just about every blogger going and it is actually a pretty good mascara. It has a slightly curved wand with proper bristles rather than plastic and it coats the lashes really well. The one thing I found though was that the formula was quite dry so it had the potential to make things quite clumpy! For under £10 I would definitely use this again, it’s not become my new favourite but it’s definitely not bad either!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – I love this setting spray and I will always go back and pick up more bottles as it does such a good job of keeping things in place. I’m trying out and finishing off a few others at the moment but there will no doubt be another bottle of this in rotation some time soon!
- Benefit Porefessional Primer – I’ve had so many of these samples and I’ve never really found myself raving about it. For me it clings to dry patches and things can start looking a bit cakey and crusty very quickly. I recently received some of the new version of the Porefessional though which has a more hydrating base so I’m hoping that’s more suitable for my skin type! I’ll report back on that one!
- EOS Strawberry Lip Balm – I liked the actual formula of the balm with this and it was handy to carry around on the go, however the shape of it was a little bit annoying and gradually got harder and harder to use as time went on. I have about a million lip balms to finish off so I can’t see myself replacing this any time soon.
- Covergirl Outlast All Day Concealer – I picked this up on my trip to the States in April and I was pleasantly surprised. It was hydrating and easy to blend yet delivered a good amount of coverage too! If you can get your hands on this then give it a try as it’s surprisingly very good! The only thing I don’t like is the sponge applicator but overall I was pretty happy with it!
If you’ve made it to the end, I salute you! These posts always take the longest to write but I love reading them myself as you get mini reviews of lots of different products! Let me know what you’ve finished off recently and whether you’ve tried any of the products i’ve mentioned!