We’re only in February but 2019 seems to be the year of decluttering and getting all ‘Marie Kondo’ with your home and can I really call myself a blogger if I don’t jump on the bandwagon?! Since we knew we were buying the house in about March last year, I have been so good and not really bought any makeup or beauty products unless i’d completely run out however there is still a mountain of products to wade my way through. With this in mind I’ve decided to do my first project pan to try and motivate myself to use up five items from my dressing table. Here’s a little round up of what i’m aiming to finish off:
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb – I’ve had this perfume lying around for at least two years now and I initially found it a bit heavy and 100% an evening only, spray once or twice maximum kind of perfume. However, before Christmas I’d used up all my perfumes and with two weeks to go till Christmas Day, this was the only fragrance I had left. I think using it every day has made me more accustomed to the scent and I actually really enjoying wearing it. I would say it’s still more of an evening scent but it really is lovely and lasts so well on the skin! I currently have around 1/5 of a 30ml bottle left so there’s not too long to go with this one!
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Breathable Foundation *Gifted* – I received this in an influenster box a while ago (post here) and I actually really like it. I’m not a massive fan of the applicator but that aside, this is a really nice every day foundation that is great in the winter now my skin is a bit drier. I did find that it was separating a little in my T-zone though but the Fenty Pro Filt’r Primer does a fab job of keeping it firmly in place. A great bargain foundation but it’s probably better for drier skin types. There is around 1/3 of this bottle left to go!
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in Slow Burn – I’m pretty sure this came in one of those amazing Sephora lip sets a couple of years ago whilst I was in the States and it has honestly been one of my favourite lipsticks to wear. It is so creamy and pigmented and lasts so well on the lips. I’d say it’s a satin finish but has the comfortable feel of a cream lipstick. I would highly recommend the formula and shade to anyone! I’m only trying to finish this off as there’s such a small amount left that the tube is just lingering. I can’t see this one being too difficult to finish.
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Mean Money/ Hu$tla Baby – When Rihanna created Fenty Beauty it’s like she made the ideal make up brand for my skin. I’ve got a whole post in the works but this highlighter, alongside all the other products I’ve tried, is amazing. One side is a more subtle ‘day’ highlighter in a lovely pinky tone and the other is an in-your-face, intense highlight more suitable for nighttime of if you’re like me, anytime of the day! I have well and truly hit pan on both sides of this and I’m dying to have the satisfaction of completing another highlighter. Although, I made the fatal error of picking up my Becca highlight to use as a one off and I’ve not put it down since so this one could be more difficult to use up than I first thought!
- NARS Laguna Bronzer *Gifted* – What feels like many moons ago now, a lovely PR girl from NARS invited me for a drink in Nottingham and gave me a bag full of NARS goodies that gave me that “i’ve made it” feeling that I have yet to ever recreate. Inside the bag was a huge compact of the infamous Laguna Bronzer which I have used every single day since. It’s such a perfect shade for my skin, even in the winter, and has been my go-to bronzer for months and months. The pan is absolutely massive though so i’m not sure how long this will actually take. I feel this would be perfect on light to medium skin tones but would possibly be too dark for very fair complexions and too light for deeper skin tones! In general though, a really good bronzer and if the shade is good for you then i’d 100% recommend!
Make sure you’re following me on instagram as I will keep you updated on the progress of these products over the next few weeks/months. Have you tried any of the five items i’ve mentioned? Would you like to see another mini project pan once these are finished?