I’ve been on a real mission to finish up some products recently and without really realising, I’ve got a huge empties box on my hands. I’m going to keep introductions short and reviews brief because there’s a hell of a lot to get through and this post has taken me an absolute age to write!
- The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover – Nice product but to say it’s for eyes, it did sting them slightly. Got rid of my makeup well though, but not as good as a bi-phase eye makeup remover. 3/5, probably wouldn’t buy again.
- Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro Whipped Cream – Full review of this here, but I’ve definitely used nicer moisturisers with a smaller price tag e.g the Clarins Hydraessential range. 3/5, wouldn’t buy again.
- The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter – This is my absolute holy grail makeup remover that I keep going back to. Only thing I would change about it is the packaging as I managed to get my lid jammed on one of the tins and Tom had to break into it with pliers. Still would give a 5/5 and i’ve already repurchased.
- Glam Glow DreamDuo – This is a two part night mask that incorporates a serum and a moisturiser in a split tub. It smells amazing and definitely feels nice on the skin but isn’t anything special to justify the £42 price tag. I wouldn’t buy it again but I also wouldn’t say no if someone gifted me a tub if that makes sense? 3/5
- Drunk Elephant C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream – Probably one of my favourite items in the Drunk Elephant set, but it also comes with a pretty hefty price tag of £54. I did notice a different though when I used this but the price definitely puts me off repurchasing at the moment. 4/5
- Glam Glow Power Mud – Alongside the hydrating glam glow mask, I think this one is my favourite. It has a really nice scent and texture and lasted a very long time! I’m not in the market for another face mask at the moment but I wouldn’t turn down another tub in the future. 4/5
- Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris – A really nice gentle toning lotion that doesn’t leave your skin feeling stripped or dry. It also has a lovely subtle scent, I’d definitely repurchase this. 4/5
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild – A nice foaming face wash that has no scent and doesn’t make your skin dry. There are definitely cheaper alternatives to this though which means I probably wouldn’t repurchase. 3/5
- Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser – Very good dupe for the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish at a fraction of the price. Not as good as my Body Shop cleansing balm but if I was on a real budget (it only costs like £3.99 for a huge tube) , I’d have no problems buying it again. 4/5.
- Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm – Made my skin feel lovely but is very over priced and it has weird little gritty bits in that got everywhere. Also no good for eye makeup because of those gritty bits (I learnt this the hard way). 2/5, would not repurchase.
- Clarins Lotus Facial Treatment Oil – This is quite a heavy oil with a strong scent, however you only needed to use a couple of drops each time which meant that the 30ml lasted a very very long time. It’s a nice product but I don’t think it did enough to my skin to warrant me repurchasing. 3/5
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream – I found this to be a pretty average product, the applicator felt a bit child like and I didn’t really notice any effects from using it. It was okay but I wouldn’t buy it again. 2/5
- The Body Shop Oils of Life Sleeping Cream – This is quite a rich face cream but it didn’t leave my skin greasy at all. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how nice it was to use and I got a weeks worth of uses out of this tiny tub so a little does go a long way. 3/5.
- Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil – One of the nicest and lightest facial oils i’ve tried. The scent is lovely and subtle and a little goes a long way so this lasts a good length of time. Left my skin hydrated but not at all greasy! 4/5
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum – I definitely don’t get the hype around this product. The formula consistency is nice but it soaked in so quickly that you could barely spread it over your skin. I didn’t notice it making my skin any more hydrated either. 2/5
- Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate – This small sample lasted me a really long time as a small amount went a really long way. However, there was no noticeable effects from using this and I believe the full size is quite a lot of money so I wouldn’t purchase the full size. 2/5
- Clarins Rebalancing Clay Mask – Really really nice clay mask that does not dry down, which stops your skin getting that horrible tight feeling. It definitely tingles on the skin but didn’t irritate my skin in the slightest. I would definitely repurchase in the future once I’ve narrowed down my mask supplies! 5/5
- Nude Progenius Rescue Oil – I actually ended up really enjoying this oil. You only needed a couple of drops each evening and it was a dry oil rather than super greasy, which worked really well for my skin. I would definitely consider using this again. 4/5
- Drunk Elephant Beste No 9 Jelly Cleanser – Another foaming cleanser and the final thing to be used up from the Drunk Elephant set I bought last year. Again, this was very similar to other, significantly cheaper foaming cleansers so I’ve got to be honest and say I wouldn’t buy it at the full price of £27 as it’s just so expensive for what it is. 2/5
- Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Scrub – This is definitely my favourite physical exfoliator and it’s a product I have repurchased a lot over the last few years. It’s really reasonably priced, coming in at just under £10 and I will definitely be repurchasing this again soon. 5/5
- Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb – I featured this perfume in my project pan post earlier this year and I finally managed to finish it off. I think the more I wore this perfume, the more I found it just a bit too strong for me. I love the basic scent but overall it’s a little too heavy for me personally. 3/5
- Commodity Mimosa (x2) – I received one bottle of this perfume as a Space NK birthday gift and liked it so much I went on eBay and bought another. It’s so fresh and zesty and I can smell it on myself but it’s not overpowering. The full size is about £100 so I will have to have a think about whether i’m going to buy the full size but other than the price, I love it! 4/5
- Zoella Snow Silky Body Lotion – As someone who actually doesn’t really like Zoella, I was pleasantly surprised by this body lotion! It smelt nice and fresh and soaked into the skin well leaving it nice and soft and hydrated. I wouldn’t say no to using it again to be honest but the packaging was a bit rubbish and the print came off the bottle super easily. 3/5
- Clarins Relax Bath & Shower Concentrate (x2) – This is by far my favourite bath product and it will be something I keep repurchasing over and over again. The smell is very herbal and relaxing and it has a really lovely calming effect when used before bed. I will be picking another bottle of this up again when the cooler weather is back. 5/5
- L’Occitane Almond Hand Cream – This has always been my favourite hand cream and I have not found another one that matches this yet. The scent is gorgeous and the cream soaks in nice and quickly so it can be used throughout the day too. I will 100% repurchase. 5/5
- The Body Shop Spiced Apple Hand Cream – I think this was a limited edition scent and to be honest it was a little bit sickly for me. The product itself was nice enough but not a patch on my beloved L’Occitane. 2.5/5
- Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm – My favourite product from Drunk Elephant that I have tried so far. I’m not usually a lip balm girl but this one was really really good. At £15 it’s not cheap but it lasted a long time and was really convenient to use. 5/5
- Nivea Rich Moisture Shower Cream – This was a god send when my skin was really dry during the colder months but last year I found a particular scent of this on holiday and i’ve never been able to find it since! The hunt continues! 4/5
- Diva Mango Vera Hand & Body Lotion – Every Christmas my nail salon always give us a little hand cream and a gift voucher as a thank you for being a regular throughout the year. This year they gifted this hand cream and honestly it was really really nice. It was a bit thicker than I would normally go for but I also used this at work on dry spots on my elbows and legs throughout the day which was really handy.
- Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment Cream – I would say this is my second favourite hand cream after the L’Occitane. I have a friend who works as a Clarins counter manager and she always tries to get my favourite products in my gift with purchase! This did not hang around long and it reminded me that it is such a good product. 4/5
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Deep Conditioner – I bought this on a bit of a whim in Morrisons and honestly I was pretty impressed. It worked pretty well for my hair and was available on a 3 for 2 so it was reasonably priced too. I would pick it up again if I needed a hair product on a budget. 4/5
- Function of Beauty Shampoo – I picked this up as part of my Instagram Made Me Buy It post and by the time I’d got to the end of the shampoo, I realised that these weren’t really working for my hair. They were not hydrating enough and actually left my hair a bit dry. I’m currently using the last of the conditioner to shave my legs with, safe to say I won’t be forking out for these again. 2/5
- Tresemme Heat Defence Spray – I never really use heat to style my hair so this has been hanging around for a long time. It wasn’t sticky or heavy in my hair so to be honest I can’t really fault it. I don’t know enough to say whether it’s stopped my hair getting sizzled but otherwise, not a bad product. 3/5
- Moroccan Oil Treatment Oil – Oils are an absolute necessity for my hair and this one was great. It’s expensive but a little does go a long way and we even used it to tame Tom’s beard and it worked wonders for that too! Would definitely recommend! 5/5
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation – Unfortunately I was colour matched incorrectly with this foundation and that just set me off badly. I constantly had to mix it with other products to balance out the pink tones and it has just put me off using it again. 2/5
- MAC Fix + – who can really fault Fix +?! I absolutely love it and I think it’s ideal for using as a setting spray but I also use it with foiled shadows to really make them pop. I’ve already repurchased (both the matte and the regular versions) and will most likely continue to do so! My only gripe is that the spritzer can sometimes be a bit full on and in true MAC fashion, you can’t always get every last drop out of the bottle! 4/5
- Glam Glow Glowsetter Setting Spray – Glam Glow seriously hit the nail on the head with the spritzer on this bottle. It produces the finest mist I’ve ever seen with a setting spray and couple that with the gorgeous scent and the way it makes your makeup look, it’s a winner! 5/5
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Breathable Foundation – I’ve always liked the Rimmel foundations, especially for every day. The only thing I didn’t like about this one was the applicator, but I’ve written a whole post here so I won’t go on too much! 3.5/5
- Fenty Pro Filt’r Foundation – this is the most flawless foundation I have ever tried. If you have a long day or an event to go to, this is the foundation to choose. I have repurchased this already and quite simply I bloody love it. 5/5
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil – I’ve always loved this as it is such an easy product to use, especially when you’re in a rush! However, since using the Shavata products I find this to be quite warm toned and now I’m not sure if I would buy it again. Still to be decided! 3.5/5
- MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – This is actually such a good powder and it lasted an absolute age too! It’s so finely milled and doesn’t leave a white cast on the skin. I have a couple of powders to use up but I would buy this again. 4/5
- Bare Minerals SPF 20 Correcting Concealer – right, I basically bought this as I made the mistake of getting my brows threaded before a night out and I needed the redness covering. So I was like “oh can I try this on” and I have such a guilty conscious that I bought it. I liked it but didn’t love it enough to buy again. 3/5
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (x2 1 in shade NC20 and one in shade NC15) – This is by far my favourite concealer and I am also about half way through another one! I tend to flit between the shades NC15, NC20 and NC25 dependent on my tan. This does come up a lot lighter than the foundation so if you are a NC15 in the foundation for example I’d recommend the NC20 in the concealer. I have already repurchased. 4/5 (not 5/5 based on the shitty design of the pump as you have to pretty much break into the packaging to get the last week or so of concealer out of it!)
- MAC Strobe Cream – I always used to think this was a bit of a gimmick but as I used this up I really fell in love with it! I think I prefer the peach/pink shade to the original silver but it really is a gorgeous product! Would probably repurchase! 4/5
- The Estee Edit Contour Lip Liner in ‘The Barest’ – I actually really loved this lip liner, it was a nice twist up pencil that had a gorgeous neutral brown shade to it. It lasted really well and was very easy to get a nice accurate line. I believe this is discontinued which is a real shame as I got it in a Sephora lip kit a while back but I would have repurchased. 4/5
- Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in ‘Celebrity Skin’ – I picked up the Nudes collections from Jeffree Star and this is the first one I have finished. It was a perfect everyday colour for me and it had a nice subtle brown tone to it which I liked too. These liquid lipsticks are one of the only ones that work for me and they last all day even after a full meal. If I didn’t have so many lip products I would 100% pick up the full size. 5/5
- Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara – I found the brush on this to be a bit too big and it made it easy to smudge this on your lids by accident. Once it was on it wasn’t a bad mascara but I would buy the full size. 3/5
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – This is one of my favourite mascaras and I have repurchased it so many times. The brush is great for evenly coating your lashes and doesn’t leave them clumpy or spidery. Probably best for every day wear but you could layer it for more impact on a night out. 4/5
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara – I’ve been through a few of these now and like the Urban Decay mascara, it is great for every day wear. It coats the lashes nicely and doesn’t flake or smudge throughout the day. It’s not exceptional but I would use it again if I had another tube. 3.5/5
- Benefit They’re Real! Mascara – quite simply this is my least favourite mascara, probably ever. The brush is so scratchy it actually hurts to use and and the formula transfers after about an hour! I thought about 0 out of 5 but decided that isn’t really a thing so it gets 1/5
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – this is probably one of my favourite mascaras however it dries out so fast! I do also think the L’Oreal paradise mascara is almost identical for half the price. 3.5/5
- Clinique High Impact Mascara – I do actually remember liking this mascara and finding it perfect for every day. Mascara is actually one of my least favourite steps in my makeup routine and this one was pretty quick to get the job done. 4/5
- Marc Jacobs Lipstick in ‘Slow Burn’ – the formula of the Marc Jacobs lipsticks is one of the nicest I have tried. It is so creamy and so pigmented! These minis last a really long time and the colour was perfect for every day. If I didn’t have a mountain of lip products I would probably repurchase! 4/5
- Sleek Full Fat Lash Mascara – this was an incredibly average mascara with a really weird ball shaped brush. Not a fan at all. 2/5
- Arbonne It’s A Long Story Mascara – such a small sample that I honestly can’t remember anything about the mascara. Can’t of been that good if it left no lasting impressions! 3/5
- MAC Brow Set in Clear – a very over priced clear mascara but it has lasted ages and I do like how it sets my brows for the entire day! I have just repurchased as I didn’t want to be without it which is a pretty good sign! 4/5
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria – so I really wasn’t sure about this as I found the colour to really wash me out despite me wanting to love it. In order to use it up I started using it with MAC Whirl lipliner and I like it a hell of a lot more! It’s not the most long lasting but it’s very comfortable. I wouldn’t repurchase but it has been a nice lipstick for work. 3/5
- Fenty Pro Filt’r Primer – Another Fenty product that has really worked for me. I don’t tend to wear it with the Fenty Pro Filt’r foundation but its a really nice mix of hydrating but also keeping your makeup in one place. The packaging is of course, beautiful! However, the heavy glass makes it hard to get the product out and there was an awful lot of product left in there after the pump had stopped pumping product out. I think I would pick this up again though! 4/5
I hope I’ve mentioned everything that’s in the photographs but the list has been accumulating for so long I’ve honestly lost count. I’m just about ready to do a back to MAC with my MAC empties and i’ve already gather a few more bits in the empties box for next time. I seem to just go through products so quickly! Let me know if you’ve tried any of the products mentioned and what you think of them!